This would be my 200th post but it's really my 199th. A while back my great friend Whicky Wuudler did his very first blog post here at the H.C., before he had a blog of his own. So I can't really count that one so tomorrow I will have my 200th blog post!
Speaking of my dear Whicky, his apes are having major computer issues which is preventing him from making his rounds. I really miss him and some of my other friends too. We all need a break sometimes, but I do hope they'll all be back soon.
I was paroling the hallway when I spotted the first one. I was so excited by the site of the large crawler, because I only get the rare opportunity to use my skills. I followed it for a while and then I brought down the hammer and killed him dead. I was preparing for a nap in the bedroom when I saw another one - naturally I hunted and killed it too.
I was just waking up from my nap and there was another one in the hallway. What the fluff? So I whapped it with the Paw of Doom.
I needed a snack by now so I headed out to the kitchen (Oh you didn't think I was gonna eat em did you? Um no - they give me indigestion). Anyway in the kitchen - there was another one! Whap - deaded.
When Mommy came home and saw all my hard work she freaked out, and then she thanked me, as she gathered the carcasses. I assured her I got them all - I think. I'm sure I'll get them all - eventually. Mommy? Stop shuddering. Oh no, don't call the bug guy - I'm pesticide free.
Guess what?! Daddy found my favorite toy tucked away in the garage.
I thought it was lost forever, but now it's like we've never been apart. I'm very busy and VERY thankful today!
::Mom Blog Takeover::
It was really the sweetest thing ever. Fin was napping on my lap when Daddy, er, my husband came in saying he had found her old toy in the garage. When she turned to look - it was like she turned back into a kitten right in front of our eyes. Her whole face lit up and she jumped off my lap and raced across the room to get at it.
I bought the toy when she first came to live with us because it matched the one that we played with at the shelter together. I wanted to give her something that would remind her of her feline family, and make her feel like this was her new home. She loved it and would leap in the air in grand arcs and flips.
I guess at some point it got put outside and forgotten - by us.
Now each time I swing it around, it's like I have baby Fin back. I'm careful not to get her too worked up - she's a senior kitizen now. She even naps on the stick - I guess she worries it will leave again which makes me a little sad. I'm so sorry Fin for losing your toy, and not realizing how much it meant to you. I promise to keep it safe and swing it for you often.
::Mom Release of Blog::
Did you say something Mommy? Swing it again!!
Mommy: Oh for the love... Fin get your head out of my milk!
Daddy: You let her walk all over you. You have to be firm. FIN! Get off the table!
Fin: Slurp, Slurp, Yum!
Fin: Mm still cold. Slurp
Daddy: It's like she doesn't even hear me - you don't think she's going deaf in her old age do you?
Mommy: No. Nothing is wrong with her hearing. She hears you fine.
Daddy: But - she's not listening to me? It's like she's - ignoring me.
Mommy: Welcome to my world. Allow me to to introduce you to our cat.
"Her Cheapness" didn't spring for the Furminator - yet. It wasn't on sale. Yes, Mommy's ability to pinch a penny is so legendary that her friends discuss it in the third person (Example: I know Your Cheapness won't let you buy that). I never thought I would appreciate Her Cheapness, but I do now.
- The other day we mentioned about the crazy window-opening thingy when we would visit an occasional blog - well some of our friends mentioned trying Foxfire and so far we're loving it. No more stupid pop-ups telling us we may be viewing secure or un-secure data. It seems to tell you when you have a spelling error when you're leaving comments (I know all of you will appreciate this feature on Mommy's behalf).
- Did I mention how much I love my bed?
- I was contacted to try out a cat toy! Yep they offered to send me a toy - just to give it a try. Can my dream job as cat-food taster be far behind? Celebrity spokescat for Petsmart? A grannycat can dream...
- Finally I have to give a shout-out to Mommy. Every night during prime blog time I love to take a little nap on her. If she slumps down I can get a nice piece of real estate on the upper tummy or chest. Naturally this makes it near impossible to still use her laptop, but she still tries to persevere by typing over or around me. She hates to kick me off (as Daddy suggests) because she loves me that much! Back at you Mom!
In case you ever wondered why I don't try to make a break for it - it's the stupid desert landscaping that surrounds my place. I did make it all the way around to the front yard once and was locked outside. It was very scary!! I pawed and meowed my little heart out on the front door until Mommy heard and rescued me. I've kept close to the house ever since. I am a true Housecat and proud of it!
- Some of you have asked about how Daddy is doing with his Trigeminal Neuralgia. I'm happy to report he is doing okay. It's still there, and he still has pain, but with drugs and treatments he is managing it. Thanks so much for all the purrs I know they are helping.
- I won my round of Kitty Fight Club so I will move on to the next round. I can't believe I beat Alexi! She is so darling!
- Mommy has purchased PhotoShop Elements so it can't be long before photos of a certain feline are manipulated (well that's assuming she can figure it - so maybe not heh heh).
- My yard is almost back in shape so I will be all over that - literally.
- I'm missing some of my friends and I hope they get back to blogging business soon. We've met a bunch of new friends recently which has been great, but we miss all of our friends.
- Twice in the last couple of days, when we went to visit a friend's site, Internet Explorer opened up window after window and wouldn't stop even after we disconnected the Internet... anyone else getting this? Mommy is scared!
- The month of May will have two big milestones in it... our 200th post (at the beginning of the month) and our one year blogoversary (at the end of the month)! Mommy and I wanted to do something really exciting to celebrate and I think we know what IT is, but IT's gonna require a lot of Mommy's time to get IT ready. I've decided IT's worth it though because Mommy works well with a deadline. So after much negotiations, we compromised with keeping our regular post schedule and our visiting, but we need to comment less. It will be hard, but sometimes our comments are kinda lackluster anyway. We may not be able to resist a comment, but I may have to put my paw down. Any cat want to guess what "It" is?
My parents go crazy for this paw dangling move.
Yep, in real estate it's all about Location, Location, Location. Here at the hearth I can help Mom blog and watch TV while I nap. I sometimes get overheated, so I have to hop out and lay belly-up for a cool down, and then right back in. Naturally I retire to my big bed when my parents are in it - I like to keep my eye on them at all times.
Yep, that's my new cat bed. I've never had a cat bed before. Mommy has asked about getting me one, but when Daddy would say "She already has a bed, the one she lets us sleep in" I always agreed with him. Oh and of course there's my sink which I love!
When Mommy brought it in, I naturally choose to ignore the bed on principle. I shun anything new just to drive her crazy. When it was on the floor of our room I wouldn't even go near it. Daddy got the idea to move it onto my hearth by Mommy's chair. In the new location , I have to admit it does look tempting. Last night I patted it with my paw - just to see what it was like (while no one was looking of course).
So what do you think friends... will I or won't I partake of the bed?
It's the perfect spot to keep an eye on my parents. I can see them coming or going. Over the years I've learned that it's best to tuck myself against the wall, rather than sprawl in the pathway. I was called "Speed-Bump" for years. Apparently humans can't see you in the dark or over large boxes they are carrying -who knew?
::Motions with paw:: Guess what friends? Daddy didn't sell my pillow! He was just cleaning it (it was floofy, just like me). He forgot to tell Mommy, so she's still stopping off at the NEW PETSMART on the way home. Sweet Bast let me say thank you!
Fin: Hey Mom, where's my little pillow?
Mommy: What pillow?
Fin: You know, the one on our bed that I like to rest my head on.
Mommy: Oh, I think your Dad sold it at the garage sale yesterday Honey.
Fin: Garage Sale? Why would we sell the garage, it's attached to the house - oh no, we aren't selling our home are we?!
Mommy: No! People come to the garage and buy stuff you don't want anymore. They pay pennies on the dollar, so you can buy new stuff that you'll want to sell off for cheap in a couple of years.
Fin: That seems silly - plus I loved my pillow!
Mommy: Sorry sweetie, Daddy just wandered through the house grabbing things to sell, and I didn't realize he took your pillow. Fin where are you going?
Fin: (Beginning a desperate search) Looking for all my Mice!!
Mommy: Don't worry, no one is going to want to buy cat-spit covered mice.
Fin: (Horrified) Mom! My mice are precious.
Mommy: Of course they are. How about we get you a present at Petsmart to make up for selling your pillow?
Fin: Okay!! I'll make you up a list!