5.04.2011

Wordless Wednesday

Normally a cute picture of yours truly would be inserted here, but instead I thought I would tell you a little story about how burdensome it can sometimes be to be without human words.

That's right friends, as well as I'm able to communicate with Mom for the purposes of this blog, she is sometimes completely useless. Well, she almost always is good for a petting/can opening situation, but I digress.

You see the other morning I had just moved my beloved Mousey to the mouth of the bedroom when Daddy lumbered through the door and sent Mousey flying to the other side of the room. To my horror, before I was able to safely and discreetly move him to another location, Mom dropped a pile of laundry on him.

As soon as I was able to assess the situation, I realized I was unable to root him out from under the pile. I did the only thing I could think of, I sat on the pile and proceeded to Meow at full tilt. Nothing.

At some point I laid down in a cat loaf position and meowed whenever one of my parents cruised by. Mom finally realized something had my attention, but she thought it was my swing toy and liberated it for play time. Okay I did get distracted for a bit while I played with the toy, but then right back to position. Okay, maybe a couple of naps too...

Eventually Mom searched through the laundry pile and saw the issue. It would be so much easier if I just could have a Mom who got "Mousey" out of "Meow" on the first try.

22 comments:

  1. Humans are so bad with languages! They all expect everyone to speak THEIR language. You would think that after all these years, yours would have at least picked up a little bit of Cat. But maybe I am too optimistic. Humans, after all, ARE linguistically challenged, big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meowwwww, mew mew merrrrrrr Fin, MEOW thriippp, mew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fin dear,
    Me thinks we need to supply your mom with a catstionary. Yeah...I have trouble with my Mama too sometimes. So I tell her stuffs in the blog. purrr....meow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for staying on task for long enough that Mom finally got the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, sigh, the Mom is sometimes slow. Thank goodness we cats have the patience to stick with the task.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah ... beans can be so slow sumtimes. It's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh, our humans are rather dense too. Although Scylla seems to be the best at communicating with them. Something about her LOUD yeowls seems to penetrate their thick skulls. Or maybe they are so desperate to get her to shut up they keep trying until they hit on the right solution.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, dense is the word. I've had similar problems here from time to time. Keep working on it and someday . . . you'll have them trained.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Fin...Sadly, this is a burden we all share with our less than astute humans. :-/

    -Fuzzy Tales

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah - ours isn't so good either. maybe someday.... Of course, then they would know what we were sayin' all the time (which might be bad)....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slowness is one of those human traits that can be very hard to deal with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fin, I can totally relate to humans being slow. I am just glad that your mom finally saved mousie! Lots of love, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  13. you would think she would know to look but this is how it goes, ours is just the same. Love Darcy, Bingley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Fin, beans can be so slow. Poor mousie had to sit under the pile of laundry just suffocating. Glad the Mom finally got the picture. We do enjoy reading about your adventures. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. well, your Mommy tried! She thought you wanted to play with your toy and she was trying so hard to figure out what you wanted. She meant well! Thankfully Mousie was spared an evil rinse, wash and repeat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beans NEVER hardly ever understand us even though we speak as plainly as the nose on their faces (not adorable nosies made from sheared velvet like ours).

    ReplyDelete
  17. We agree. Sighs. Hoomins need to learn to read us better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beans can be really slow! Thank Cod your mom finally found Mousey!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Moms and dads can be SO SLOW...sometimes my momma Ellie has to meow for hours for my mom to fish out her toys from under the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My cat Doby is so funny. He follows my mom all around the house crying for attention. When she goes into the garage Doby sits their and cries so long and sad. Its so funny and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We think humans should be required to go take lessons on how to speak cat. It would make life so much easier for us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Fin, your story made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete