12.28.2011

And the Moon

Here's another favorite from the past, hope you enjoy it. By the way our floofster is still doing well. She needs the appetite enhancer but she is sassy and full with it.


As I reported yesterday the changing of the sunrise has thrown me off my efforts to wake Mom. Admittedly, I've been late a few times, and in an effort to over compensate, early a few times too. I've even been caught off guard and been awakened by the hated noisy box.

The other night I was sitting on the bathroom floor, waiting for the sun, when I noticed - the Moon. Sometime in the night, Mom had kicked off her covers, exposing a section of lily white tush that actually glowed in the moonlight. I was mesmerized.

Of course I've touched the butt before, but perhaps it was the coolness of the tiles, and my desire for a refill of my water, that lead me to my next thought - what if I touched the celestial body with my paw, my cold paw. No, better yet, my cold, damp paw.

I gripped the cool porcelain (I think a paw held in front of the AC vent would work well here too), and waited. When I was adequately chilled, I stuck my paw in the water bowl and headed off for - a Moon landing.

I made a stealthily approach, hoping she wouldn't turn or change the cover arrangement. I sat down, lifted my paw, and suddenly, I felt a bit guilty. I gave a warning meow, to give her an opportunity to awaken at my first request (okay, I whispered it, but I did do it). No response. I laid my cold damp paw upon the Moon. One small step for Fin, one giant leap for catkind.

Now kitties, here is where the danger comes - you need to leap back, you're going need to be at a safe distance. Prepare your most innocent face, you're going to need to deny any intentional wrong doing. You might want to cover your ears too, with the dry paw of course.

21 comments:

  1. OMC - that would work well!! But we think mom might throttle one of us (of course, she would have to figure out who it was first)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad to hear that you're doing okay.

    MOL @ that great wake up tactic!

    The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Finny, we loved this post the first time, and still love it now! Glad to know you are eating up your fuds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure am glad you are eating well Fin and I see you haven't lost your touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are laughing at your post Fin but Mum says she had seen it before - well she didn't show us - probably she doesn't want cold damp paws about her person - she's such a wuss.
    We are glad to see you are still in charge of the homestead Fin - keep it up.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fin yous is such a character! A lady cat after my own heart!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fin yous is such a character! A lady cat after my own heart!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! That's really funny! But I'm not going to let the kids read this least they get ideas...

    Love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Fin...we'll never look at the moon the same way again! That was WONDERFULLY funny!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one of our many favorites too but probably right up there on the top. Glad to hear that Finny is doing all right. We are sending tons of purrs to Fin. Sure hope all of you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember this!!! "Lily white tush" has me rolling with laughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad to hear you are eating and doing better, Fin! I remember that post... perhaps this is why my human stays covered up when she sleeps, always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I'd not seen this before. I was taken unawares and spat out my cocoa!!! :))))

    Austin tried that once. Just the once !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that blast from the past, Fin! And we are so glad you are still doing well. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finny
    Glad to hear you are still your sassy self.

    Loved the blast from the past.
    purrs
    >^,,^<
    ♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never seen this post. And it was surprising and so funny. A cold wet paw would sure get Mom up....mol
    xoxo Kassey

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderfully ornery thing to do! I'm dying here!
    And I'm very glad you're doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Me is so glad that Fin is doing ok. We is purring fur her everyday!
    We likes this flashback story, a plot well conceived, and masterfully told!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy 2012!

    Paws khrossed it brings that puppy I KNOW Fin wants ;-)

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete