2.12.2009

My Moves

Have you ever noticed how sometimes your humans can grow obsessed with you and everything you are doing? The other day I was hanging out in the bedroom (semi-napping) and Mom cruises past the door, clearly looking for something. She spotted me and then she kept right on walking, like she totally wasn't looking for me. I thought it was a fluke or she would send the Pawparrazzi in.

A few hours later I was lounging in the living room (surveying my turf) and I saw her wandering around the house, clearly looking for me again! I could tell she was getting a bit agitated as she passed by all my regular spots with no luck. She started calling me with her dead-on imitation of me (really it's freakishly dead-on) which I ignored, of course (I'm not a dog). Finally, on the way to the kitchen, she spotted me and again acted like I was not her prey.

I don't know what she's thinking - these are my moves. I use these on her all the time. I have every reason to keep an eye on my lap and reliable can opener, but what reason does she have to follow me around? I am not the one who leaves the house.

17 comments:

  1. Our Bean is all about the camera thingy ... We needs to hide also. But we are tricked with rustling sounds like dry food bags of crunchies!!

    Pfft ... All in a days work here too!

    Purrs,
    The Whippy Curly Tails
    =^..^=

    /

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm not the one to leave the house." That's great, Fin! I do the same thing to my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just what they do...my mom ends up doing an all out search party and is not happy until she finds all of us doing something, or nothing. She's a bit goofy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fin, our Mommy does the same thing! We think she is looking for Pawparrazzi opportunities when she stalks us like that. Maybe your Mom is waiting for the money shot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Humans. I'll never understand them.

    Huffle Mawson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bean is behaving very oddly. ~Socks, Scylla, Charybdis & Fenris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our mom is always checking on us...wanting to know where we are...how far can we go, anyway???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moms! They are so cute! Ours, of course, does that too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can't quite figure out the beans sometime!
    Thanks so much for the purrs for our Pop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make a good point. I hadn't thought about it that way. Why do they follow us?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Fin! I don't come when I'm called either. Which reminds me - thanks for saying I'd make a good honorary cat! Who do I see about this?
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our woman does that, too. She has this (dare I say) obsession with knowing where we are. The man will remind her that we're indoor kitties and can't have gone far, but she still does it.

    I respond to my name, not the little grey furball.

    Ms. P

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Mommie sometimes pretends she is not looking at me, and then she surprises me with the camera. They never stop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well Fin, she sounds a bit hopeless so you just gotta humor her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Dearest Fin -- You are right to be suspicious! As far as I'm concerned, there should be no deviation in the human's routines whatsoever. No changes in how they walk, talk, sleep, etc. Changes in routine, even in the slightest, are no good. No good, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like mommy. she comes and finds me whenver i just getted comfy and sleepy. shines lights in my eyes, looks at me and says "just wanted to know where you were" and then leaves me......

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mom does that too. It may be because we often jump into a closet or the basement, and she accidentally shuts us inside. So, I think that she checks on us periodically to make sure she didn't do something stupid.

    ReplyDelete