Our economy has had more than a rough patch over the last few years and often shelters are hit hard. Shelters here have been filled to capacity due to people who have lost their homes and were forced to give up beloved pets. At a time when shelters could use more money to handle the load, donations can also suffer.
Of course cash is always appreciated, but we've seen some great ideas of things you can do to help animals in need:
- Donate old blankets, or practice your knitting and make some blankies
- Donate or make toys for the kitties to play with
- Donate food or paper goods
- Foster animals or volunteer your time to help where you can
- Adopt from a shelter rather than buying at a pet store