10.27.2011

Herding

My Granny Sass-O-Meter has been cranked up lately friends. I am trying to get my parents back in line. I run a pretty tight ship here and a tight ship needs regular tightening to keep it running right.

To keep my parents moving in the right direction I find it necessary to herd them occasionally. Human herding can be difficult, the trick is not to allow the obvious size difference deter you. Sure they're bigger but they can be corralled. I find a couple of methods useful.

To prevent any movement from the desired location (say the area where your dish is located) the "Circle the Wagons" method is a sure fire hit. You'll just need to snake around the legs, their desire not to step on you will do the rest of the work for you.

To get them moving (say towards your dish) I like the "Giddy Up" or the my own "Hi-Ho Silver" method. The Giddy Up involves an unexpected leap forward and then tearing forward. The Hi-Ho Silver is advanced and involves rearing up on your back paws and then hopping a couple of times before tearing forward. Both methods seem to intrigue the humans and get them to follow you.

Well that's gonna end the lesson for tonight kitties, Mom claims she is busy and working on other projects. Sigh. I still have lots of work to do here too apparently. Please give my methods a go and let me know what methods you use. It's good to shake things up.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! I can learn a lot from you!

    Truffle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial! We definitely plan to use these methods! Thanks, Fin! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just sit there and look angrily at my human until I have her attention. Then I get up and walk where ever I want her to follow me (usually to a dirty litter box that needs attention). She always follows because I have her trained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do the Circle the Wagons move too but our pawrents aren't very nimble and sometimes trip over then they get very upset with us...
    When Mom is ready to pop the can open, I like to hurry her up by shoving my a** up her face but that only results in her putting the spoon down. Sigh. Our pawrents are untrainable.

    Love, Cosmo

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOL... I love your style, Fin
    I take lots of note here : )
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Austin here. Thanks for the heads up, Fin. I obviously need to be more bold. The sulky stare is just not working! >^..^<

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will try this over the weekend and report back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the darting across her legs method and then weaving in and out...I get extra points when she yells "Dammit Cody! It's too early to eat!"

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one heck of a lesson Fin. We especially like the Hi Ho Silver approach. We haven't tried that one and will on our next meal which shouldn't be far off. By the way, be careful, Hi Ho silver kind of dates you. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, my mom keeps my bowl well stocked, except at night so I gotta wake her up. I employ 2 methods -- make a racket messing on her nightstand and paw her face. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're off to try those right now, Fin!

    ReplyDelete