1.17.2012

Sassy Cat Update

The other morning I had put down breakfast for my sweet kitty and I had settled into my chair when I received a complaint. Fin jumped onto my lap and walked straight up to my face to discuss the current status of her food dish.

Seems the ratio of healthy food to gravy-laden food was off in her opinion. She had already eaten all the gravy food while leaving the healthy chunks behind like the tips of small icebergs. I was not going to budge on her needing to eat some of the healthy food, and assured her of just such a fact.

She headed off to the kitchen and I thought the matter was settled. I was mildly surprised to have settled it so quickly, but I assumed she would eat the left-overs. I was wrong. I suddenly heard a rather loud plop. I looked over and my girl had gotten onto the dining table and then jumped over to the kitchen counter. Pretty impressive for a grannycat I had to say.

She proceeded to head right over to the cat food can I had yet to put away and she began licking right out of the tiny can. I was so impressed (and truth be told tickled) that I let her have at it. Eventually I had to clean up the kitchen floor after she knocked the can over, but it was worth it to see my old girl with that much sass and determination to eat something. Never underestimate the power of gravy.

Pre-enactment from about a year ago.

17 comments:

  1. Glad she is feeling sassy again. Thumbs up on the gravy, Fin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fin, us older girls still have plenty of sass! And we've learned to go for what we want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that Fin, like me, aspires to be the Betty White of kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOL! We kittehs are very clever. And when it comes to noms, never underestimate our determination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Fin!!! Good gravy is good for GrannyCats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fin we like gravy too - make a placard "Hands off my Gravy" and leave it where she can't fail to see it.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmmmm.....gravy......

    We try to do this to if mom doesn't get rid of the kitten food cans fast enough. :) Good going Fin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're so glad Fin is feeling sassy! Such an impressive jump for an ol' kitty! Our human doesn't buy the gravy kinds for us. She knows Sissy will only lap up the gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear yoo still ave plenty os sass Fin! xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh we sure like to hear all about that sass Miss Fin. That is such good news. Good for you to just go get the food yourself. Well done. We are so proud of you. You and your Mom have a great day Fin. I know Meg is writing this but we still get to talk to you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go FIN!!!!!!!!!!
    We is purring and purring that your sassy is as long as your furs and whiskers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats a very big thumbs up from me.. Sassy girl.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! I love to see sass and determination in girls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fin, you go girl! Way to show that sassiness. We love it! :)

    ReplyDelete