4.26.2012

Finny Friday

Hi friends! Finny De Floof here to give you an update on life here at the H.C. I was supposed to be retired but my days are filled with Mom supervision.

Now that she is working at home I am needed all the time. I start the day with my usual meal request and then I get Mom settled into her office. The settling requires extensive sniffing and inspecting. You'd think I would be able to rest then but no - Dad needs to be sent on his way.

I barely manage to nap balled up in the hallway before Mom wanders out of her office. If she heads for anyplace other than the restroom I follow her. You never know when a trip past the kitchen might result in a snack.

I have to remind her it's lunch time. We snuggle for a bit and then right back to it - for her. A nice long nap is in order for me. After an extended nap I like to break up her afternoon with some desk time. If I see her too focused to take a break I flop on the keyboard to send her the message.

Do I sleep in the most girly cat bed ever that she has on the edge of the desk? Rarely because it's a good foot from the real action. Now if she put the bed on her laptop I would consider it.

As soon as Dad gets home I know it's dinner time and I mewl until she turns off the computer and ends her day. After such a trying day I need a long rest. I'm afraid my supervision of her blogging activities and writing have been spotty. What's a granny to do?

Of course it's not all bad. I have snacks and snuggles on demand so I can't complain much.

17 comments:

  1. My gosh you've got a lot of supervisory work to do! How do you keep up? I'm into the management thing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are busier than ever, but it sounds like you are enjoying yourself Fin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fin! Y'know, retirement sure is busy, isn't it?? It's like a full time job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an impawssible schedule you keep, Fin! Hardly any down-time at all! Be sure you get plenty of "you time"! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a lot of work having a human with a home office! For the past hour I have been poking, prodding and walking all over the desk because she is LATE! Late for MY playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finny, you are one seriously busy girl! I don't know how you do it all! I'm sure your mommy and daddy appreciate every thing you do for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "They" do say that folk are more busy in retirement than when they worked! Fin you are living proof :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What does your Mom do all day Fin -are you sure she isn't playing card games while you are studying the inside of your eyelids which of course has to be done regularly.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fin, you are a very busy girl! I think it's a good thing - being busy keeps you young :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finn, I have the same duties and responsibilities you have and it's exhausting!!! :)

    You and your mom were so sweet to stop by and give us all purrs and hugs when Trapper went to the Bridge.
    Thank you so much!!

    Tom, Mom Julie, Tinker, Mitty & Anastasia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fin, you do have a lot of duties. Good thing you have such good long naps in between your hard work. Glad you are giving the Mom some good snooopervision. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fin, you have such a busy day with all your snoopervising! We don't know how you manage to fit it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Fin,
    Me knows exactly what yous means! My Mommy must be watched and reminded of all kinds of things too. Me particularly likes to guide the paper out of the printer!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your advice about following your Mom into the kitchen because you never know when it will result in a snack...those are good words to live by!

    Love, Cody

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, retirement sounds very busy, Fin! We are glad you continue to go, go, go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You must be exhausted after all of that supervising!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yikes, you sure do have a full day!!!

    Thanks for helping make Ellie and Allie's 10th Birthday extra special!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete