4.18.2012

Hunt Week - Ham Safe

Mom stands at the doorway, viewing the bounty within. As soon as I hear her in the kitchen, I get very excited as I know she'll be opening the doorway to our hunting ground. Many of you know it as The Ham Safe.

I run from any corner of the house as I join her for the hunt. I can always tell it's her, and not him, by the tentative and joyously slow way she lingers, surveying her possible kill. The cold wind blows through my floof, as I rest my paws on the bottom edge. I catch the smells of all the possibilities.

"You hungry?" She asks.

"Mew! (Yep. How about a snark of ham?)" I reply.

"Nah. Too... meaty. What about cheese?"

"Mew! (Perfect! I prefer the string cheese.)"

She dives down deep into the meat drawer. Her mighty paws thrusting away the rejected options. She holds her prey up to the light. Victory. She places her foot under my belly and unceremoniously drags me gently back from a kill of my own. The door shuts, cutting off my own hunt.

I lament the cruel injustice of it all, as I watch her try to rip into the plastic wrapper like a bear with a picnic basket. Wait, there's still a chance of victory for the small floofy huntress... will she make a drop? Which do you think I want more? The cheese or the wrapper?

12 comments:

  1. Both! The cheese to nom on and the wrapper to play with!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she is anything like my human, maybe you will be in luck and she will drop the whole thing and victory will be yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHaMeow! Our Mommy is like Sparkle's Mom. She'll drop it all and we get lots! (she's not very agile wif her spoils!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hope she's a butter fingers and drops both of them Fin.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. As FurkidsMom said..boaf! One to nom and one to bat around. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the both option, that way you win twice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way the hunter dragged you away from your own kill. We would take both, Fin. More fun that way. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We would go for both, but if we had to choose, the noms win every time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me...I'd take the wrapper every time.

    George

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would go for both! Thanks for stopping by and wishing Queen Penelope well. She is still not 100% so I am visiting today. All the purrs
    really helped. She has been using the litter box and even though the lumps are smaller than normal, at least they are lumps.
    Have a great day!
    Kozmo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both, cheese for your tummy, the wrapper to wap!!...Happy weekend, sweet, precious friend...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete