4.20.2012

Hunt Week - Phane

Today's hunting ground might be called the dining table by some, but for me, it's the Cellophane Hunting Ground. Oh how I love my crunchy prey. It tickles my gums.

The Dining Table is Off-Limits for reasons I don't understand, but I love it up here for so many reasons. I rarely stay off, if I can help it. One of the many reasons I love it up here is that it's the drop off spot for fresh purchases. Have you ever noticed how often fresh purchases are wrapped in fresh cellophane kill?

As a kitten, I would nibble on regular plastic, but as I've grown into my grannyhood, I've realized it's best to hold out for the good stuff - true Cellophane. The very finest is beef jerky bags (with jerky inside) and the extra crunchy variety.

Sadly, my prey is whisked away quickly. I would be more upset about it, but if swallowed it can cause some gastric distress. For this very reason I suggest two things:
  1. Don't eat the aluminum foil, it tears easily and isn't very tasty.
  2. Make sure your human sees you crunching the Phane. They'll sprint to remove it from your jaws and that's half the fun. Cellophane covered in cat spit is a real turn off to the humans. Think of their disgust as a little bonus.

10 comments:

  1. We are more ribbon and string connoisseurs around here... and yes, these items are also snatched away from us in short order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHaMeow! Mommy's laffin cuz she found poo in the floor wif a ribbon in it! But we too haf found phane wif spittle totally repulses our hooman, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cello, too. I don't eat it or anything. I just like to play with it... especially if the peeps are playing with it and we can have a real game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love it too and plastic but I like to lick and lick it. I make a bee line for the carier bags the shopping comes in.. I can just imaging your beans rushing when they hear the crinkle.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE don't see many things in phane. We mainly get those plastic bags which also get snatched away from us. Fin you are too darn funny. Hope you have a super week end.Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star prefers the tough crunchy phane like the kind that comes around cool whip containers and the like, they're curly from being around round things and they crunch nicely. None of those are safe in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does sound like fun and I must give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Fin...I've got a Phane habit too.

    Wally

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dining table is the drop off spot here as well. And one of my boys always get on the table and inspect new things. You are very smart to hold out for good stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Earth Day!
    Guess what, Tinker is a plastic bag biter! He can make hundreds of teeth marks on the top and sides in seconds!!! He gets excited on shopping day when there are piles of goody filled bags on the table.
    You tried aluminum foil? Well, Tinker did mark up the kitten food bag of Blue for Thomas when he came here and it was a foil type bag but it probably tasted better because of the food crumbs that stick on the insides. Mommy had locks put on our closets so we can't pull them open anymore and she puts squirt bottles around new bags put on the table till they are emptied.
    Tinker got his first med this morning, he gets another tonight. We are hoping the swelling will start going down soon. =^Y^=

    ReplyDelete