I'd like to bring something to your attention that has been bothering me. You know I love and respect you with all my heart, but your recent change in schedule has caused some issues.
Mom's arrival at the house after she has been "Working" all day is Our Special Time. I'm sure you've missed her too but I'd really like all of her attention on me when she arrives. When you distract her with your presence she forgets some of the key points of our routine. The routine should go something like this:
- I roll on the floor looking my cutest
- She squeals with delight at the site of the kitty
- She asks "Who is my precious girl?" - naturally we know the answer, but I always say "ME-ow" in case she forgets
- She lifts the kitty for a short cuddle - I flail and pretends to hate this cuddle
- She asks "How was your day?"
- She scritches my neck as I give my full report
- Continue conversation as Mom changes and I follow her to the bathroom.
- She feeds hungry kitty (this is critical - and she should NEVER be distracted at this point)
Once our time is over then Mom is free to focus her attention on you and you on her.
Thanks for your understanding, respectfully,
Finny Da Floof