5.20.2012

Eugene

Where did I leave off in the story of my first kitty. Oh yeah, Eugene picked me to be his Mom. He'd already won over the decision-maker of my step-father by showing his fearless heart. He climbed that pant leg like he knew exactly what he needed to do. He won my heart the same way, by showing my he would protect me in the face of any adversity. He remained a kitten of his meow for his whole life. He would have fought anyone and anything to protect me.

I think Eugene got his name on the car ride home. Mom asked if I knew what I would call my new kitten and as I recall "Eugene." is what popped out. I have no idea why I thought of it. Well, that's not true, I thought of it because it fit him perfectly. He wasn't fancy but he was loyal and fearless.

I don't have any photos of him, but a family friend painted a painting of him. He was that kind of boy, worthy of art and song. I will try to take a picture of the painting soon and upload it for your viewing pleasure. For now I will tell you he had a classic tuxedo coat. Although it did look a little too small for him. His black jacket and pants were a bit high-water. 

He was a rough and tumble boy from the start, full of playful energy. When it was time for lovin he would lay in my lap and allow himself to be molded into any position. My Mom called him a play-dough kitty. It was like he became boneless.

As he grew into a full grown kitty he became a solid brick of fur-covered muscle. Although he was the biggest, baddest cat on the block he remained my play-dough boy at home. Eugene lived the life of a double agent. I'll tell you about his life outside the nest next, but his life in the house was full of snuggles.

He was the sweetest and toughest Momma's boy ever. Golly I loved that boy. I still just love a tuxie cat.


17 comments:

  1. Eugene sounds like he was a very special kitty.

    Truffle and Brulee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were lucky to have such a special kitty so early on. My human did not have a cat that was truly special to her until she was on her own and Harlot (the cat before me) came along. She liked the others a lot, but either they were not totally HER cat (they shared themselves equally among family members), or they were nice cats, just not special cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eugene sounds like a really cool kitty!!

    The Florida Furkids and Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I understand why you love our Figaro so much...big lug of a Tuxie boy...sweetness and love and full of tough stuff too. Eugene sounds like a very special boy and we can hardly wait to see the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cod luf a tuxie kitteh. We can't wait to hear more about Eugene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eugene sounds like a really great cat. We can't wait to read more about Mr Tuxie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's always something special about the "first kitty" who owns you.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Eugene, it sounds like you were one great cat to protect Meg during her younger years. Great story. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Play-dough" kitty is one of the cutest descriptions I think I have ever heard. I would have to say that Cody is a "Play Dough" kitty as well...

    And...I have never had a Tuxie kitty but I am sooo drawn to them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eugene sounds like our kind of kitteh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eugene sounds like he was one extraordinary kitty.
    But then that's how we tuxies roll.
    purrs
    >^,,^<
    ♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a good writer! Enjoyed the story. BB likes your book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great memories of Eugene. We love how you describe him. Of course Katie's strutting around the townhouse now after your tuxie comment.
    ; ) GG

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eugene sounds like a right proper mancat. We loved the highwater tuxedo description :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tuxies rule that’s for sure! That Eugene sounds a bit like Austin. He’s a snuggle (though not cuddle!) bucket indoors, but a mass murderer outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eugene sure sounds like he was a special kitty! Thank you for your thoughts of Squashies.
    You remain in our thoughts as well.

    ReplyDelete