11.22.2010

Rewind - And the Moon

Mom is having tons of fun with her family, so we are re-posting some favorites. As requested for re-post by my great pals Eric & Flynn

Well my master plan worked beautifully, as the changing of the sunrise has thrown me off my efforts to wake Mom. Admittedly, I've been late a few times, and in an effort to over compensate, early a few times too. I've even been caught off guard and been awakened by the hated noisy box.

The other night I was sitting on the bathroom floor, waiting for the sun, when I noticed - the Moon. Sometime in the night, Mom had kicked off her covers, exposing a section of lily white tush that actually glowed in the moonlight.

I was mesmerized.

Of course I've touched the butt before, but perhaps it was the coolness of the tiles, and my desire for a refill of my water, that lead me to my next thought - what if I touched the celestial body with my paw, my cold paw. No, better yet, my cold, damp paw.

I gripped the cool porcelain (I think a paw held in front of the AC vent would work well here too), and waited. When I was adequately chilled, I stuck my paw in the water bowl and headed off for - a Moon landing.

I made a stealthily approach, hoping she wouldn't turn or change the cover arrangement. I sat down, lifted my paw, and suddenly, I felt a bit guilty. I gave a warning meow, to give her an opportunity to awaken at my first request (okay, I whispered it, but I did do it). No response. I laid my cold damp paw upon the Moon.

One small step for Fin, one giant leap for catkind.

Now kitties, here is where the danger comes - you need to leap back, you're going need to be at a safe distance. Prepare your most innocent face, you're going to need to deny any intentional wrong doing. You might want to cover your ears too, with the dry paw of course.

Tomorrow a re-post from Cat-O-Lympics as requested by my great friends at The Katnip Lounge. Let me know if you have a favorite you'd like to see again.

19 comments:

  1. We had forgotten The Moon post! We are chuckling all over again. Fin, you are the Mistress of the Moon.
    We can't wait for tomorrow's post...and we're happy your Mom is having fun with her family. Have you come out from under the bed yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your mom is having a wonderful time with her family. Ah the holidays...

    We LoVe the Moon!! Pretty soon the moon will be just a crescent so get it while you can.

    Purrs Goldie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fin, that's a great post!! Love it!! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yea, that was a good one! I hope you're having a good time too Fin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic post, we just love these : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a great trick! Too bad the weather has taken a chill for the worse - no luck trying that one out here for a good, long while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm just not even going to say a word. not. one. word.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love the Moon story!! Thanks for sharing it again. And we can't wait for the Cat-O-Lympic re-post tomorrow with an appearance by Bob and Jim, no doubt!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This made me laugh just as much the second time around. Mum says we cannot repost any CatOLympics because she would die.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We enjoyed this post ~ but we can't wait to re-read abowt Bob and Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had not read this before...it is inspired!!! You are a very naughty kitty - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Fin! We are so behind in visiting - we hope you are doing well! That was a fun repost to read - it made us laugh so hard! We can't wait for the repost tomorrow - we hope we can convince mom to keep up with the visiting and get to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fin..that was pure gold to read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. MOL, Fin you are truly the expert at waking the Mom. That was hysterical. Be sure to cover your face with the dry paw. Love it.
    Hope you have a great Turkey day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm, I don't understand the appeal of the moon. And thank goodness my girls don't either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is our favourite post - maybe mum read it and that's why she gets tucked right down the bed and buries her head undr the covers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We remember this Moon post, too...this is fun reading it again...glowed in the dark, hahameow!

    ReplyDelete