7.04.2012

Cat-A-Lympics News!!

Mom here - I know, I know, you've probably been wondering if I was ever going to mention Cat-A-Lympics. Especially with the real Olympics right around the corner. And hey, wasn't I going to write a book on just this topic? Yes, I totally was. I admit it, when my girl passed, it really kicked some of my heart out of the project. I know she wouldn't want that. 

In the meantime one of my best friends, Huffle Mawson and her talented and delightful Mum, picked up the Olympic Torch so to speak and ran with it. You can read about all the events here.

I know Finny would want me to continue. So, get ready for Jim and Bob commentary!

Quill is a bit too young for a lot of events, but since I had already been gathering photos from around the blogosphere I am hoping you are still willing to let me use them. And of course you all can still join in by sending in pics for me to use. You don't have to have a blog either, or really be a cat. Actually the rules are quite loose, and everyone is going to get a medal of participation. You just need to email me your pictures by July 13th at megstories at cox.net

Here are the events:

  • Wrestling - This is a tandem event, or you can be wrestling an object. I'd prefer a series of pictures - in sequence would be great.
  • Hiding - Now this one you only need to have the intent to hide. But some evidence of a cat or animal must be present.
  • Cat Tree Gymnastics - I'd love to get a few shots in a series (they don't have to be taken in sequence).
So get out there and train safely friends!

24 comments:

  1. Glad you are back in the game(s) so to speak!!! We'll get to work on your categories and send some pics along :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking caps ON.
    The training has BEGUN.
    And guess what??? We gave you an award today!
    xo,
    Katie & Glogirly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Housecat Confidential Commentary - back in action! Paws up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be sending a series of snapshots! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think of Fin every time I see it mentioned, another wonderful legacy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fun....we made mom send a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awright! We were wondering if Jim and Bob would make an appearance this year. And of course, you can use our pictures...let us know if you need any more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are welcome to use any of our pictures you would like. We just don't have the heart for it with Arty Mouse missing although we are going to try to to participate a little. ~Socks, Scylla & Fenris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am so glad to hear that you are back in the game of olympics. We were kind of sad when someone else kind of took over but they are doing a good job. We will see what we can get together. This will be great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun! We gotta start training :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Quill! I didn't realise you had arrived until I saw a mention of the cat olympics on CB then popped across here and saw your adorable photos! Squealy or what! Me and Kizzie were so sad when Fin went. Although we won't forget her, now we are looking forward to visiting you and watch you grow up. Might also enter one of your forthcoming events.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quill, I think you are TOTALLY qualified for the mischief event(s). If you need any tips, just text me day or night. Meanwhile, I'll get busy with my training.
    -Mocha a.k.a. 'Beast of the East'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go Quill.

    purrs
    >^,,^<
    ♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure Fin is proud of you for carrying on, or carrying the torch to be olympic about it.
    We might be thinking about joining an event or two..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Teddy is going to enter the hiding event. Do you want us to email you photos?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This will be so much fun. We will enter today. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, new follower here! We would like to submit a photo for the Hiding category!

    Nice to meet you!!!

    http://raisingrama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't seem to find an email addy. :-(

    http://raisingrama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi ya Quill! :)

    I have a photo to enter for your Hiding cat-e-gory ;) butt no email addy to send it to. Could you post one and/or email me with it at 1roodog(at)gmail(dot)com ?

    Thanks! :)

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Savannah here! I wish I knew the deadline, darn. I just started playing lots on my Bird Watching Tower with the Da Bird toy with Mom.But all we have is a video! Next year I will be ready. I am 5 years old, but just in my forever home 7 mos. now and still learning it's OK to play and that I can play safely even outside our bedroom MOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. I sent my cat tree gymnastics entry photos to address you said and it bounced back as undeliverable?? Please advise thanks

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd like to enter hiding and maybe cat tree gymnastics but need your email. Please send it to me at zemeks [AT] sbcglobal.net.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We can't wait to see the entries!

    ReplyDelete