6.29.2009

America's Birthday Changes

Friends it's almost time for America to celebrate it's birthday this week. Although I'm very proud to be an Americat, I don't much care for how we celebrated last year and I'm on a mission to change things up for pets everywhere. We should all have a great party, and not have to hide in closets and under beds until the party is over.

I'm re-posting my post from July 5th of last year so you can get a clear view of the issue and then join the mission.

"Yesterday was America’s Birthday and I must say that I’m not so fond of the way you celebrated America. You’re a little too rowdy for my taste.

First of all, where was the birthday cake America? We always have cake on our family's birthdays. I don’t eat the cake of course, but when my parents enjoy a slice with a glass of milk Mommy is always happy to share with me. Once she sees I’ve stuck my face in the glass and had a few licks, she lets me have the whole rest of the glass, all to myself (even if it’s not my birthday).

Well America, I guess the birth-day portion passed pleasantly enough. It was too hot for outdoor activities so my parents watched scary movies and held me close when they were frightened. I allowed the forced cuddling because I was a bit frightened too, and I was able to cover my eyes during the really scary parts. We even had a family nap in the middle of the day.

It wasn’t till the sun went down that all heck broke loose. My parents began roaming the house at dusk, looking out the windows, and waiting in anticipation for something. They were, almost, dare I say, giddy. All of a sudden there were lots of scary noises outside and unpleasant smells of sulfur and smoke in the air. I had to grab my love, my Mousey, and hide in the closet for hours, and no one even came to try to lure me out.

Here is what I suggest for your celebration America - On my own birthday I awake whenever I like, I’m given snuggles on demand, regardless of the time of night (most days this isn’t met with much enthusiasm), I’m left to nap in silence throughout the day, when I awake from my naps I’m offered treats like tuna and perhaps even a new catnip filled toy. This is a proper birthday America! So if you can’t offer all your guests tuna and catnip toys, at least try to keep it down."

Okay friends, who's with me on this?

24 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great birthday celebration for America! I'm with you Fin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in too! We're Catanadians...is that okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I with you Fin! I usually am a scaredy-cat! Even Monty Dog doesn't much like it! We can party this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I am with you. I like celebrations but not the noise and smell, especially if it is a sulphur one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're in and our doggies are in, too, cuz they REALLY hate alla' da noice an' alla' us enjoy food an' extra naps☺

    We fink dat da Canadians have a special day in July, too, cuz we hear alla' dere noise comin' across da river, so dey can join right in wif us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And don't forget the birthday cake. Tell the folks to skip the plain ole dried out cake, and splurge on an ice cream cake instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fully support that idea Fin.

    Huffle Mawson

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have a birthday in England, but there are plenty of other days when apes get giddy and the sky fills with horrid noises and smells, so yes, I am with you on this.

    Love, peace & tuna

    Wuudles

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are all for No Fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree about the no fireworks. Someone set one off outside last night and it scared me big time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're behind you 100%, Fin!!! No more loud noise on America's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fin, when you're right, you're right! What kind of birthday party doesn't take kitties into account? We all know that kitties take top priority!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We don't have any sort of noise out here in the woods for Canada Day but we will support a toned down city version for cats everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are totally behind you on this one, Fin! Where is
    the mute button when you need one ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm. But I like fireworks! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, too, Fin! Definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, since we're not in Americat we really couldn't tell, but it sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We're with you, Fin! The Mommy likes the pretty fireworks, though, but she knows the noise skeers us so she'll give them up just for us.

    Purrs and hugs,
    The Kitty Krew

    ReplyDelete