3.23.2012

Brazen - Tweet Week

Well it's been a long hot summer, and while it's true that I've been absent from my porch, I'm still Queen of the Porch and all tweets should know this. Right? Yet I found myself having to raise my voice to get everyone in line this weekend.

Here I am telling the Doves, what for!


I had everyone "flying right," taking turns in the fountain...


When some brazen little Hummingbird (Yes a HUMMINGBIRD!) flew right up and sassed me to my face. It then cut in front of the finches, for a sip in MY fountain. I was so shocked that I failed to smite it down with my Paw Of Doom. Next thing I knew, I thought I heard the finches snicker!

This is unacceptable friends... I need to take back the porch!

15 comments:

  1. Those hummingbirds are like that. They zip in and do what they want and zip out again. No fault of yours, pretty Fin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy, hummers!
    Mom is still not good typing a lot of comments with her pinched nerve issues, but we wanted to go round to our friends’ blogs and say Hi anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they need to bring back smiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you will have the porch under control in no time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Show 'em birds who's boss, Fin. purrr....meow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too early for hummingbirds here yet but they are sassy, aren't they! I still remember them zingin' me last summer. Hmmmph!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nooooo! You must take back your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are truly shocked by the nerve of that Hummingbird Fin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You tell em, beautiful girl!!...Happy weekend, lovely friend...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Fin, you do need to take back your porch. That silly hummingbird, what does it think it is doing. It had better look out for your paw of doom. Hope all have a great week end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hummingbirds are awfully bold.. Also very fast, so even if you'd tried to get it with that Paw of Doom, I'm betting you'd have missed, no matter how fast you are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What nerve! Perhaps you need to find out if the snickering finches taste like Snickers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How dare that humming bird treat you with disrespect Fin. We hope your Mom was able to bring you out of your shock with a tasty treat.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely surprise. We have many blogger friends in common, but just found you and Fin! Take back the porch indeed. We did on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete