3.18.2012

Touching

Well almost...

So Saturday morning I decided to take a look out on the porch and see what the weather was doing. I had only stepped a few feet out when I noticed Yard Cat Mittens hanging out. He headed over towards me and as I looked down I saw my girl Finny had followed me out too.

I wasn't sure what to do, so I did nothing. I stood still and Fin and Mittens got to within a foot of each other. Mittens sat down and uttered not a hiss or a harsh word. Fin on the other hand read him the riot act with hisses and growls.

As we strolled into the house I noticed a nip toy that Fin has never paid attention to and I threw it out onto the porch. Mittens started to toss it about and that attracted Finny. She ran right up to him as he lay on his back bunny-kicking the toy. You could see they were both confused and had no idea what to do next.

True to form my girl started to growl and true to his form Mittens politely batted the toy towards her. Fin took off for the house and there ended the meeting. Interesting.

13 comments:

  1. Even if you never cared about that toy, I am not sure your human should be sharing it with an interloper, Fin! I don't blame you for being confused and hissed off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, a diva does haf her reputation to uphold....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Finny. Need to show Mittens who's boss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Finny but you know you may end up licking that Mittens. He sounds like a nice guy. But you need to keep that upper hand. Can't wait to hear the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work reminding Mittens that you are the boss Fin, but do we detect that you are softening towards him?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only softening but...
    Dare we say there is spring and romance in the air?
    It´s never too late to have a gentleman friend and older ladies with a lot of experience can be very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fin do you fancy a toy boy cat???
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should be nice to Mittens--he sounds like a nice cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was an almost and we will cheer for a "maybe next time"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that before too long you two will be a little more friendly te he.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. MOL, well at least she didnt take the unwanted toy back away from him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok so she’s playing hard to get!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Almost is good! Next time it might be even better!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete