10.21.2010

Dear Thunder

Dear Thunder,

Let me begin by saying that I apologize. I can see hear from your recent visit to Vegas that you've been offended. I believe it may have stemmed from a letter I sent to Mr Sun awhile back, where I may have referred to your son, Rain, as a "Drip." I may have even called you a "Loud Talker" in the same letter. Come to think of it I may also referred to your Cousin Wind as a "Blow Hard."

In my defense I heard all of this from one of your own family members... I don't want to mention any names, but it was a certain Diva whose name starts with "Lady M" and ends with "oon." So I think you know where I'm getting my information from. Sure I may have inferred that the Cloud Family were slackers because they tend to spend their vacation dollars in the UK and the North rather than coming on over to the desert.

You're offended. I get it. And I'm sorry. Really. No need to hover over my house and yell for hours on end. I've been trapped in the closet with only quick trips to the potty and snacks (maybe a late night snuggle under the covers with Mom) for days.

No one likes a Show-Boater, take it from me.

Sincerely, Respectfully,

Finny De Floof

21 comments:

  1. Fin,
    Holy Cats! We sure hope Mr. Rain gets your memo.
    Poor Grayce spent the night huddling behind the commode, and the rest of us were elebenty-two kinds of upset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been getting it out here too! I don't like it, but the dog hates it worse - it makes her whine like a baby. Almost makes all the noise and gray worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is with the Fall weather ? Everyone is getting storms. Ours is expected on Friday and I don't even live close to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny (and clever)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finny, you could come here and snuggle in the quiet of our beautiful Northwest fall...but I heard the Mr. Rain is coming this weekend and that might not be much fun for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fin, we love your letters! You are so talented and so funny!!! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here in the Uk the weather is mild and pleasant for Autumn ~ so we fink Mr Thunder is on vacation wiv yoo! MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh oh. We hope the thunder takes you seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Thunder listens to your pleas Finny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We hope Mr Thunder is listening to you Fin - but we don't think any of the weather family listen to us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure hope he listens too, enough is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Mr. Thunder vacates soon and you can get back to normal life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You must have really upset Mr. Thunder this time. He usually visits us quite a bit through the summer, but this year he has only been a couple of times and only for a half hour or so.He has even kept Mr. Rain away from us for the last week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like thunder is giving you a hard time! We hope he gives up soon and lets you get back to your regular routine, Fin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. MOL, that is a great letter Fin. We sure hope that thunder stops soon so you can come out of the closet. That must be awful to have to run in and out of the closet. Is Mom still keeping you company in there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no Finny. We hope your polite letters works. Otherwise we'll have to get Ceiling Cat to intervene, we think so.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We had Mr. Thunder here too, but not long cuz he moved on somewhere else. I was glad too cuz I have to hide. We liked your polite letter and hope it works for you. ....Kassey

    ReplyDelete
  18. We're under drought conditions -- they are hoping that TD Richard will come our way so we'll get some rain. Ya know it's bad when the beans are hopin for a hurricane to come!

    purrin
    xoxox
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a gift with the words you have FIn!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poor Fin! Mr. Sun can be mean sometimes. Last week in was in the 90's here. Now he is hiding behind some clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mr Thunder will be listening for sure, since you're such a polite kitty!
    Purrrrs

    ReplyDelete