9.09.2010

Laying Low

I knew I was in trouble last night. Mom tucked in at 8pm, complaining of being tired from being kept up the night before. I strolled in, casual like, and took my place of honor on Dad's pillow. I looked as cute as possible and purred real loud when petted. I knew she was caving when I got some extra scritches.

Are you really gonna kick all this out of your bed?



 At 2am Mom woke with a start, mumbling something about hearing me chewing on celephane.

Who me? There's no cellaphane Mom. Maybe you were dreaming it? Sure you can turn on the light and look around if you want. Hey while you're up, maybe you should pee? Do I want the sink on for a sip? Well sure that would be nice Mom. Are you hungry for a snack Mom, cause I could keep you company... make sure the kitchen is free from moths. Would I like a snack? Well since you're up... Nom, nom, nom... thanks Mom.

I managed to hold out till 5:40am till I did a hip nudge. Yes I am back in the warm embrace of the family. Gotta know when to work it and when to lay low. Peace out.

27 comments:

  1. That cellophane story has me thinking. Hmmm: the outcomes of her hearing the imaginary cellophane were pretty good for you, weren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to vent: Binga NEVER lays low and you would not believe what she gets away with! Is that crazy-making or what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Fin, you are such an artist in bugging poor mum, Smudge has got the message if I wake to a call of nature and does not ask for breakfast at 3am!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were probably very wise to take things a bit easier through the night Fin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've got her right in your paws again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Fin, you know exactly how to walk that fine line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew it wouldn't take you long, Finny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got it down-dear Fin, your "I'm-so-cute-you can't-get-mad-at-me" look is really something!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the master Fin!

    If you need help with moths, I caught a monster moth last night!!! It was HUGE! I carried it off, but Figaro ended up eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yoo are just brilliant at knowing the best way to handle beans. We jus' know yoo would have our mom under yoor paw in no time at all! Yoo're our hero! MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fin dear, I think you know that your Mum would never actually lock you out of the bedchamber. But you did a good job convincing her that you believed her.

    That pillow sure looks comfy

    Wuudles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Fin - not too pushy and oh so grateful for a sip and a moth. Just be careful for another couple of nights and you'll be home and dry!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We knew you'd win out in the end, Fin. Just shows us who really runs that house!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who loves you baby ? Mom does.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Smooth moves Fin. Glad you are back in the good graces of the family.We knew you could do it. Have a terrific Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been waking mom up around 4am for dawn noms. She gets up to feed us, but then she can't get back to sleep. Sometimes she'll toss & turn for a couple hours then when she gets up, I snuggle down on the end of the bed and sleep till mid afternoon! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That gorgeous face is irresistible, Finny!!...Happy Mo Cats Day, sweetie...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have it down to a fine art, Fin...a fine art.

    ReplyDelete
  19. "You gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em" right Fin? Masterful job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fin, you are very smart! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Finny, you are a definite pro. So good to have such a smart SIF.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Fin, I thought I was good, but I may have to get some lessons from you! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. If I didn't know better, Fin, I'd swear you were taking lessons from me.I've been removed from our bedroom a lot.You are an experienced manipulator too....Kassey

    ReplyDelete