10.02.2008

Thankful Thursday

They're back, they're back! Everyone scatter! Just kidding, no need to hide really - there seems to be a great deal of "mystery" cat hair here at the house, so I had to fess up to having my friends over to wait with me. Mommy and Daddy are looking around to see if they can give everyone chin scratches and head butts to thank you for all your kindness and support.

Daddy's nerve was successfully microwaved by the Gamma Knife, and I know all your purrs helped. Daddy is a lucky man, because the doctors also discovered he had a small benign tumor that would have eventually caused him other problems, my parents were really shocked. As it turns out the tumor was something they could easily treat with the same machine, so they asked if my parents wanted it "thrown in" like some kind of odd cosmic two-fer or medical BOGO!

Daddy looks like he was slapped about in the face but the swelling is going down. Mommy is tired too (although I'm still unclear on what she did, except be the chauff-him). I will be on duty as nurse cat offering whatever care or amusement they need. We are all so thankful to everyone for your purrs and purayers. We are again touched by the kindness of cats and of the humans they choose to spend their lives with.

12 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your Daddy is back and is doing well. Good job the doctors discovered the benign tumour and microwaved it too.

    Continuing my purrs,
    your SIF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us know how your daddy is doing. Take good care of him and give your mommy a break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad to hear your dad is home and things went well. We know you and your mom will take very good care of him.

    Get well soon, Fin's Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fin,I am so happy that your Daddy is OK!!!!! Now he is home,I know he will recover fast because you will take super care of him :) I think you should purr on your Mom too ;)
    Purrs Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're so glad your daddy's surgery went well.

    P.S.
    We hope you found his lost salami.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We is glad dat yoor dad's face is okay now...it is okay now, right? Hmm, mom like BOGO's but she's neffur hadded one wif any surjeree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...they must not have left him in very long. When my People put hots dogs in the microwave, they scream (the hot dogs, not the people) and the skin splits open. It's very gross and fascinating at the same time.

    I hope your dad is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that your Daddy is back and the procedure went well. I am also glad that the doctor's found the benign tumor and were able to take care of it at the same time. Be sure to give your Mom and Daddy lots of purr therapy. They have both been through a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear Daddy is on the mend! Keeping you in our thoughts at the Museum. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Max I sure hope that didn't happen, Mommy assured me Daddy wouldn't pop like corn or anything. It's nice to see you making the rounds again, I'd been missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad your Daddy came through microwaving OK. Purrrring that the surjery actually fixed his problems.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back to your Daddy Fin. I'm very happy to read that his microwaving went well and they got the surgery fixed two problems for the price of one.

    Big rumbly purrs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete