10.08.2008

Whicky Wuudler Wednesday

He's here, he's here!

Dearest Fin

Thank you so much for asking me to be a Guest Blogger. I really enjoy reading of your life in the desert. It sounds so very different to the ever cooling, damp days we have in England in Autumn. So, I thought I would show you a little of what I have been up to, as the season changes.

This is the big, comfortable human bed, turned back for airing. I shall be spending more time on here during October. My humans may make the bed when I have gone outside to tend to mancatly chores.

Lately I have been spending an hour before luncheon, on the shed roof. This is where I come to purr when cats and humans need some good vibrations. The shed acts like a big sound box, so my rumbles may travel far to where they are most needed. The roof is a little chilly in this picture, the sun wasn't playing ball. Maybe my humans could install under-roof heating? This spot is also great for sentinel duty.

After a vigorous, hard-core purring I often have to wait for lunch to be served. I wait on this little wall. Frogs like hiding under the pots and rocks. They are most entertaining. Which is just as well, because sometimes I have to wait at least 9000 years just to get fed.


There's been some sunshine recently, the odd afternoon where the ground heats up properly and I can indulge in a shameless, sprawling sleep. When this picture was taken I heard the Pawparrazzi use the word "inhibition" - I have no idea what an inhibition is, I don't have even one apparently. My scorching, blissful kip is hard won at this time of year. The shadows are cold and I have to roll around to keep in the sunlight.

One of the best things about Autumn, is that the nights draw in sharper and colder and I get to spend evenings snuggling with my man. I love him. He's comfortable, warm and can resist fiddling with my massive paws. We commune about man things. I will let him know if my comfort is compromised in even the minutest way, by emitting a small grizzle. Here I am holding him down firmly. He may want to visit the bathroom, but I do not. I'm happy doing a sultry pout for the lens.

So, lovely Fin, that's what I've been about, keeping warm and saving my energy. I have really enjoyed visiting Housecat Confidential. I can only dream of your wonderful hot desert, and of course, you.

Signing off with rumbly purrs

Whicky Wuudler

27 comments:

  1. Woo!! I am THRILLED to see another WW closeup. What wonderful pix and what a good interview. Congrats to Fin and Whicky! PS: I love the term "scorching, blissful kip." I would like one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post!! The PM is now banned from partaking of hot beverages whilst reading blogs as she almost choked and spit coffee over me as I am on her lap while she reads. This was very funny. WW is a fine chap indeed. Love the look on the shed roof and holding down his dad! ha Ha! Hope there wasn't any accidents.

    How old is WW? He looks to be about 87!

    Soo soo funny! This has made my morning!

    Thanks Fin and WW!

    Purrs Goldie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We wish Whickey Wuudler would wax poetic whenever we wanted - Wight? What? Wait! We're wisping...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to hear from WW and see those great pix! (Gandalf and Grayson are certainly being alliterative, aren't they?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After purring, I too agree that lunch must be served! So Daddy, where's mine?

    ~Bombay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya, Whickey! It's so nice to hear from you again...you are having such a nice day...makes us want to come join you!

    Wally, Ernie & Zoey

    pee ess. save us a frog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that one picture is Scandalus!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome post from Whicky Wuudler! And such beautiful photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone for coming to see my guest spot. A special thank you to lovely Fin is in order, for inviting me and encouraging me to put the post together.

    Curator: I think you deserve that kip, you work very hard on The Pet Museum.

    Goldie: I'm glad I made you laugh. I'm about 8 years old so you got one number right. No accidents happened on the sofa - phew!

    G&G: What a way with W's you have! You are real wordsmiths.

    Nice to see you Spooky, thank you for the compliment. I had to look up the big word!

    Bombay, I hope you didn't have to wait long for lunch, purring is hard work.

    Wally, Ernie & Zoey, I saved you one frog each - do they travel well? You can come and play anytime you like.

    Oh Gizmo, I hope you aren't too shocked dear Hehe!

    Daisy: Thank you very much for the compliments. I don't always behave for the camera.

    This has been such fun to do. It wouldn't have happened if it hadn't been for the enthusiasm of lovely Fin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fin, it's furry nice of you to haf Whicky Wuudler bisit yur blog today! I like hims purrin shed. Sprawled in the sun, he looks like Rocky the Gutter Cat (Skeezix's geezer brofur). Keepin warm an savin energy are good cat goals. Purrs to you bof!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whicky! We enjoyed learning more about yoor day and how you spend it. You really are very handsome. Really, you should talk yoor mom into getting yoo yoor own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the post. I hope Whicky Wuudler lets his man visit the bathroom eventually. Wicky's paw looks ginormous in that last picture. I hope it is just the camera angle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, Whicky! It's great to visit with you! I really enjoyed learnin' about your purring shed and the frogs n' pots! And I think you're too right to grizzle if your man even THINKS about changing your situation!

    Thanks, Fin, for having him over!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Whicky,

    I didn't know you live in England! I live in Sidmouth, Devon, England. Are you nearby?

    Love the mancat paws!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Wicky, how nice to finally put a face to the name. Mom says you are a very handsome mancat. We would love to be able to visit you more often. It seems like you lead a very interesting and diverse life. We hope you manage to stay warm in the cool autumn breeze and rain of England.

    Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

    ReplyDelete
  16. Victor: Hi, I've seen Rocky too, he's one great geezer.

    Zippy, Sadie & Speedy: Thank you. I will keep nagging Mum about it... one day, one day.

    Grrreta: My paws are big but you are right about the camera angle.

    Angus: You are a mancat after my own heart.

    Milo: I'm just south of Bristol, so not too far away.

    Tiki,Tavi,Cody,Camie & Miss Jade: There's no risk of me getting chilly, my mancat mission is heat seeking. Thank you to your Mom for the compliment.

    Thank you everyone for your comments!

    Once again thank you to beautiful Fin for inviting me, I've had lots of fun. This internet is an amazing thing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post from Whicky Wuudler!!!
    ~Maggie May and The Creek Cats~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, how exciting! A visit from Whicky Wuudler. He looks much like Mr. Milky at ArtsyCatsy's, but without the milk mustache.

    Such manly paws and lovely photos. Thank you for letting him do a guest post so we could learn a little more about this mysterious kitty. He's always welcome to do a guest post on JFF -- and probably on any number of blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those look like some wonderful places to hang out WW!~Junior

    You are lucky your Man sits still for you and leaves your paws alone....my Meowm can't seem to do either one!~Orion

    When are you getting your own blog?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Whicky Wuudler, you are quite the mancat! Looks like you've got some great places to hang out! I really love my man, too ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice getting to meet Whicky Wuudler. What a great post and pics! Positively Pawsome, especially that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great close up of Whicky Wuudler! We loved reading it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. IT is so very exciting to put a face to WW, and what a face you haz!
    VERY man-catly rugged good looks, even big rugged paws to match :)
    I bet you iz good in a scuffle? :)

    I agreez with everyone else.. so when are you going to get your own page? :))

    V-V

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dana & Maggie May: Thank you. I enjoy reading your blog. It's very interesting.

    Jan: I think there is one big gene pool where cats like me and Mr Milky originate. Tough Tuxie F1.

    Junior: I think it's a Mummy thing, not being able to leave our paws alone or sit still.

    Luxor: Hi there! Nothing beats being close to your man.

    Momo: Why thank you for the compliment.

    Moki: I'm glad you enjoyed my visit.

    Evie & Vampy Victor: I do like a bit of a scuffle, thes fat paws give me the edge hehe.

    I'm nagging my humans 24/7 to get me a blog. I will show them these comments and that may help the cause.

    Thank you all!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, Whicky, you're just a fabulous cat in every way. How I'd love to know you in 3D.

    (Inhibitions are overrated.)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Whicky, you look so wonderful in all of your pictures. And even if the pawparazzi is around, it will do the world good to see such a glorious cat body. I show mine off all the time.
    My mom did not think to look for you here, She is embarrassed so I will nudge her in the right direction from now on.

    xo

    ReplyDelete