Have a great weekend friends!
The news says one out of ten people don't have a job, but doesn't that mean nine out of ten people do?
I thought I would take this moment to be thankful for all the things that are going right. I have my family, my home, more toys than I can play with, great friends and warm nap spots.
What's got you looking up friends?
This is a BAD angle.
This is much better, see how the head balances the composition.
If you're going to stalk me, the least you can do is make me look good. This isn't The National Inquirer.
Finny Da Floof
I'm a politicat and naturally I have my opinions. You can read more about my political affiliation in a post called I Declare but I thought I would share some of my views here:
- Am I a Democat or a Republicat, a Liberal or a Conservative? After much consideration I realized I'm both Liberal and Conservative. I'm quite liberal when it comes to my parents distributing my treats to me, but I would be very conservative about sharing my treats with others. I am a cat, so I would say I am Independent.
- I hate faxes (I shred anything that comes from the fax machine's evil mouth), so I will fax less... "What's that Mommy? ...Oh Taxes! Oh, well, never mind then."
- I believe in a feline’s right to choose – say between crunchy treats or Fancy Feast. "What's that Mommy? Oh, well, never mind that either then."
- I believe in a felines right to bite arms. "Hmm Mommy? Oh, well I believe in bare arms too."
If I am called upon to be Cat President I will serve the office, but I will be changing the term limits to perhaps six months. It should be enough time to implement my plan for World Domination.
Click on photo to see the canidates. Now get out there and vote!
Yes it is a little cat spit on the little fella.
I still say that it was the nip that allowed us to be photographed together - I'm don't usually allow the Pawparrazzi to take pictures of me at mouse play. I like to hold him with my paws and snuzzle him, and a little bitey never hurt anyone - not much anyway.
Floof Alert Friday
Go ahead - enjoy yourself! I think the grannycat still has it.
Have a great weekend everyone!
P.S. Don't worry, I haven't actually lost my head.
Dear Mr. President
As you know I like to be helpful wherever I can, so I thought I would put together a few tips for the new guy:
- Take naps whenever you can - you need your rest and if it's really critical someone will wake you. I get some of my best ideas during a nap.
- Play nice (it's okay if you nibble a bit)
- When someone isn't playing nice, it's okay for you not to be too nice anymore either.
- When things get really serious (and they deserve it) go ahead and bite (throw in some bunnykicks too - nothing gets attention like a good bunnykick).
- I hear a lot about your family getting a dog? Sure go ahead and get the dog, but you also need to get yourself a cat.
So ends the lesson for today. We wish you and your family the best. Now get to work!
Now let me say that my love for other mice in no way compromises the deep and special love I have for My Mousey. Mousey is in a category all by himself and cannot be compared to other mice.
Today I decided I would give a little shout out to a Mouse in another house that I admit I am a smitten kitten over...
Here's my great friend Huffle Mawson - and gulp - the Huffle Mouse - wistful sigh - let's take a closer look.
The Law Won
The Counter Beyond
- Cheetahs can cover almost 20 feet with each stride while running!
- Cats can purr but not roar, while lions are the opposite. This is due to a hardening of a bone somewhere in our head.
- Purring releases endorphins and makes us happy and feel better (seems to help our humans too).
P.S. - In case you are thinking we watch educational things only, we are also going to watch The Bachelor... Mommy's a hopeless romantic while I like the cat fights, naturally.
Floofy Friday - SIF Style
I've not been able to jump up here for awhile now (this happens as you become a grannycat), and my parents have yet to figure out my new method, and for now I'm not telling. No one has seen anything... right big fella?
I'll give you a hint, I'm not supposed to be here. I think, if I turn my head, no one will notice me and my cute toesies breaking the law. I'm Fin - in stealth mode. Uh oh was that the pawparrazzi?
They Say It's My Birthday
Well it's my Guesstimate Birthday today! We think I'm turning twelve today(ish) which officially makes me a grannycat/senior kitizen. Please enjoy the bowls of tuna and ham, the niptinis, and all the catnip you can roll around in. If the house gets trashed a bit, well it's a party right?
In honor of showing my New Year Baby Side, I thought I would also show you what my post might have looked like twelve years ago:
Love Mommy, Love Daddy.
Zoom Zoom Zoom!
Rules? What are those? Nope no need for those!
Love Daddy, Chase Mommy, Kill Mommy.
Nom, Nom Nom, Nom
Zoom Zoom Zoom.