8.14.2013

Skittish Reveal

Well after a lot of convincing (and some detective work on Mom's part) I will reveal the terrifying incident that caused me to totally freak out get a little scared last week.

You may recall that Mom reported she heard odd noises from the hallway while she was at work. Then she heard even more odd noises that were a lot louder. When she came into the hall both Quill and I were "freaked" out and I ran under the bed to hide.

Here's what really happened.

I was playing in the hallway and decided to climb the walls and doors as I often do (Who doesn't?). Anyway I was flinging myself at Dad's office door (I was sure he was in there!) when - score - it opened. It only opened a crack though, so I had to really fling myself at the door.

Turns out what was keeping the door partially shut was the comforter on the guest bed that was sticking off the end in a bunch. Seems someone (::Glares at Mom::) had not made the bed and had just dumped the comforter at the end. When I was pushing it open the door caught the comforter and caused it to fall on the head of the innocent kitty.

Suddenly I was trapped in a cloud of cotton with no escape in sight! Naturally I scrambled frantically to escape. By the time I escaped with my life I was in the hall. When I saw the flowing fabric of Mom's skirt I thought it was coming for me too!! Naturally the only safe place was under the bed.

The line of treats I required to be lured out? Well I was hungry.

Now I am a little unsure of burrowing under the blankets for cuddles with Mom. You never know when you might be trapped. Maybe if she lured me with treats...

15 comments:

  1. Poor Quill! That sounds pretty scary to us, too. You should definitely use that treat thing to your advantage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evil, terrible soft goods! We hate it when home furnishings attack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I bet that was terrifying! I bet if that happened to a human, they'd hide under the bed too and have to be lured out with treats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Quill ! That sounds terrifying ! That's maybe the reason why Mum doesn't allow us to play in the bed, specially with dirty paws...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are allowed to play ON the bed only... Thanks to you, we know now that home furnitures can attack, we're going to be careful !

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a much more accurate account of events.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, poor darling! It's ok, I'm sure that rogue blanket will not try to grab you again..

    ReplyDelete
  8. My that was quite an adventure!!! Hope you get over being scared and attack the mean quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that does sound so darn scary. WE would have hid under the bed too for a long long time. Bet you won't jump at the door any more. Gotta be careful what you do around there. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you must be careful! You never know when those evil blankets will attack!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great perspective. Enjoyed reading. Will be back to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Quill! That musta been real scary! We hope all those treats helped you feel less scared and stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa Quill...did you know that they even have sales on the evil cotton goods, usually after the holidays? The code word is "white sale"..if you hear that...RUN!

    Fluffy clouds of cotton ::shudders::

    MOL!

    Cory

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trapped or even attacked when you are least expecting it. We wouldn't get in bed unless you see the treats awaiting you on the nightstand. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Guilietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete