11.28.2010

Sleepy Sunday

Well it's over. Mom's family has left the state. She claims she's wiped out, and frankly I don't mind because the snuggle opportunities are excellent. I was denied a lot of lap time over this week and I'm making up for lost time.

Mom is just lolling about like a human heating pad. If I want pets I just move into her sight-line and pets are given, if I want her warmth only I just move out of arm-length and she's too lazy to move. It's great.

Somehow I've missed getting any leftovers (much less first-overs) from all the feasting, but I know they'll make it up to me somehow. I just hope it involves lots of gravy.

Only Aunt Jenny made it out to Casa De Housecat this week. I decided she was worthy of my presence and allowed her to bask in my glory. She gained brownie points by gushing over how cute I was, but she didn't bring any toys or snacks, so I did not fully roll out the welcome mat. I did manage to sneak onto the table and amused with some of my cutest moves.

I was going to allow some petting, but she made a classic petting blunder of crossing the petting hand across my face and I considered a little nibble, but I resisted, because I am a good hostess. Why do humans not realize that the right hand should pet the right side and the left hand should pet the left. If you must cross over, at least do it behind the head where I can't see it.

Good pets are like sausage, we don't want to see how it happens, we just want to enjoy the end results.

27 comments:

  1. Good pets are like sausage, we don't want to see how it happens, we just want to enjoy the end results.

    OMC, that's hilarious! And so true!

    Hmm, sometimes our mom's hand will swallow our faces and we love it! No need for cross-over etiquette here. :-P

    We hope you all recover quickly. As much as you might love your guests, it's still exhausting to have them stay. And a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khount us in amongst those snikhkering about the sausage khomment!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOL!! Love comment about the sausage. So true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cats don't care fot the crossover either. They like the petting to come from behind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fin, you don't like the gentle head squish? Elizabeth loves the gentle head squish...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fin, you are just hysterical no matter what you say, sausage or not. Too funny about Aunt Jenny. That was nice of you to allow someone to pet you. Glad it is over and all of you are resting now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't thought about those petting rules yet, but I think I will apply them from now on. I have been more focussed on the concept of petting the head and back, but never the sides or belly. I have recently discovered the joy of ear scritches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pee Ess: One of your books is going all the way to Mom's sister in Cape Town for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sausages! MOL!

    Fin, we are all a bunch of sops and take our pettings every which way. When your Daddy is 25 times your size there's not a lot of choice involved! Sylvester and CC even like being petted BACKWARDS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sausage!!! you crack me up...have you seen this

    http://www.prankpack.com/

    pet petter..MOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for letting me visit Fin. Sorry about the sausage-like "faux paw" (Nessa and Dutch don't seem to mind, so I didn't know,thanks for the tip).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you are particular about your pets, Fin! I take 'em any way I can get 'em, just so long as I don't get picked up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a very good hostess Fin. We hope you get some turkey for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always, you are a very indulgent and tolerant Hoomin Owner, Fin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fin, you always make mom laugh!! Human heating pad...your mom! Good pets are like sausages!! You definitely are so right on that one!! You are always right!! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm! I needs to think on this ... the petting rules! Maybe that is why I often put the bitey on my mom's hand! And I won't lets anyone touch me but her and my human grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Different strokes for different fursons, and I don't like belly rubs. I like ear scritches now too as 'she' learned how. Mom likes the 'sausage' part.lol Good of you not to put a bitey on the Aunt.
    Kassey

    ReplyDelete
  18. MOL=you are hilarious, Finny!!...We sure hope your Mom makes up for no turkey though=good luck with that, sweet girl...Happy week, beautiful friend...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  19. But Fin...if pets are like sausages...and I really adore sausages...um...aren't we allowed to take a nibble?

    ReplyDelete
  20. We both like pets whatever way they come, and the nore the merrier. The pets are like sausages made us laugh, and Cory is right, we should be allowed to nibble pets if they are like sausages.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fin, we never thought about it like that, but you are right...good pets are like sausages...mmmmm...sausages...now we're hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I put the bitey on humans who pet wrong! I decided that's my prerogative as an older kitty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We larfed and larfed at the sausage simile! MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmmmm, my Daddy is my human heating pad! But he says Me is!! Its confusing...and sausages! Mes loves sausages, me like to have them pet my insides!
    Of to get some pets
    Your admirere
    >^..^<
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  25. You were a good hostess, Fin. Like you, I like new visitors if there is just one or two of em at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Fin! We think it sounds like you had a pretty good Thanksgiving, well, other than not getting any leftovers - that is just wrong! And we agree about the cross petting thing - we just don't know why the humans don't understand!!

    ReplyDelete