3.05.2013

Woobie Wednesday

I have a shocking story to tell you friends. You might need to shield your ears/eyes if you have your own beloved woobie blanket.

Like many kitties I have a special woobie. I sleep on it every night. It's green and super soft like my cat mom's fur was. I'll admit that I also knead it for hours at a time. And yes, I may occasionally even give it a little lick. Mom pets me during our special snuggle time and it's very much the part of the day I look most forward too.  

Last week I was napping working in the office when I saw Mom scuttle past carrying my woobie. She was headed to the laundry room, so naturally I had to investigate.

By the time I made it in there, she had already shoved it in the washer and started it up! The horror as I watched my woobie turning in it's steel prison.

"What are you doing to my woobie!" I squeaked.

I'll admit I heard only snippets of her reply because of the horror. She said something about "cat spit by her head" and "special fragrance free laundry soap" but who can focus when you beloved is on tumble dry low?

She laid out my woobie when all was said and done and it wasn't the same! I refused to come to bed for the first night and nibbled her on the second night when she tried to pet me. By the third night we were all pretty upset, but by then my woobie started to smell lived in again. And I really wanted to make a huge batch of biscuits.

I gave it a little lick and all was right with the world again. I will be keeping a more careful eye on Mom from now on...

27 comments:

  1. Oh the Horror!! I'm so glad it is starting to smell right again..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My human washes my red cat bed sometimes and yeah, it does not smell like itself for quite a good long while afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are glad to hear your woobie is beginning to get its familiar fragrance back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shocking that Mom didn't ask you first if she could wash woobie. Humans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why does humans have to does that!?! Me hates it when my Mommy washes my stuff!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We LUV clean laundry! Half the fun is furring it up again. Glad you're woobie is back to smelling like you again. AND we're glad somebody else calls blankets "woobies". We thought our Mommy was weird. MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no!! That's terrible. We are glad it's starting to smell right again, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no - clean blankies are the worst - how will anyone know it's yours without your special scent. Next thing you'll know your mum will be doing bunny kicks and claiming the blankie is hers!
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. why do the peoples feel the need to wash all our stuff!!! sheesh....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no Quill. That is just awful. Nothing worse than a woobie that doesn't smell correct. Glad you got the smell back on there. Just do lots of spitting. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just when you got the woobie smelling just right. All the work you put into it, only to have to start over again. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad you defined "woobie" lol AND I am so glad that you got it back unscathed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Quill, I just hate it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, next time your woobie needs a bath, perhaps rubbing it on your back would help it smell right faster? or hey, rub it all over mom, that might work too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They just don't understand, do they!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jeez...you get your woobie smelling just right and she has to give it bath? What was she thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  17. It might take a long time before she tries that again. I hope so, for your sake.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was so wrong to take your woobie and make it nasty and clean smelling. It takes a lot of work to get it smelling just right.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The nerve of your mom! Just when you get something right and purrfect, humans have to go ruin it by "cleaning" it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You just can't trust 'em! We must be ever vigilant!

    Good job on solidarity by waiting while 'tumble dry low' torture was being adminstered. You must have gotten extra treats for that.

    RIGHT?

    xoxo
    Ms. Stella O'Houligan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mum's have a tendency to clean our good smells and furs off of things. It will happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMC! I hope the woobie is all smelly and nice again!
    Bad Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my cat - the HORROR of it all!!!

    ReplyDelete