12.30.2011

The Prize

Meg here, hope you enjoy this post from my Meg S Hart human blog. 

So this morning I was checking whatever one feels compelled to check on their laptop first thing in the morning, when I heard a loud crunching sound. It's a sound my cat-mom ears know well, crunching cellophane. Nothing pleases Fin more than to chomp on a hunk of the stuff. Of course I have to be the buzz-kill and stop her.

On a mission to make sure she doesn't swallow a huge swath, I begin my surveillance. I spot her quickly on the dining table (now I'll have to figure out how she got up there too) and she has her back to me.

"HEY! KNOCK THAT OFF!" I shout to the unresponsive Finny. Well perhaps not unresponsive because she turns towards me at that point, perhaps to show a more flagrant disregard for my order. I see an object in the darkness but still can't tell what she might be crunching away on.

"DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE!" We both know that's probably a lie.Apparently she heard "jump off the table and take your prize with you" because that's what she did instead. I was finally able to see what she had claimed.

A fortune cookie still in it's little cellophane sack. It was resting comfortably in her jaws as she fled the scene of the crime. The site of it tickled me so much that I even let her crunch it for a time.

Her fortune? Don't stop dreaming, otherwise sleep will get boring. A great fortune for a sleepy kitty I say. 

Guess what? Me and my girl will be celebrating our birthdays on Sunday. She will be turning 15 and I will be celebrating 15 too, sure there will be another 31 on top of that, but who's counting. I think I need to plan a party.

32 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to both of you...and tell Fin that many a fortune cookie has met its maker at this house too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like Fin's fortune! We think we'll take a nap and dream a bit now!

    The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year and Happy Birthday too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you both - hope you have got Fin her present all wrapped and ready if you don't want a paw of disapproval waved in your face!
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birfday to both of you! Of course, a pawty is in order! We haven't had a fortune cookie toy but think it sounds like fun!

    Happy New Year! We plan to sleep through it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year and
    ★☆★☆ ★╰☆╮ ♬♪ ♭♫♪•*♥❤♥❤♥❤♥♪♫ H♥ppy Birthday ♪♫☆☆•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•☆☆♫♬♪ ♩♭♪ to you ♫♬♪ ♩♭♪☆☆•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•☆☆♫♪ H♥ppy Birthday ♪♫☆☆•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•☆☆♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ to you ♥ ♥ ♥ нαρρу вιятн∂αу ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯☆☆•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•☆☆♫♪ Dear Meg and Fin ... ♪♫☆☆•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•☆☆♫♪... A VERY H♥ppy Birthday to YOU!!!! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... and many, many, many more!!! ♥❤♥❤♥❤♥♬♪ ♭♫♪

    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny, Fin taking off with the fortune cookie in her mouth. Good girl Fin for making off with it. Goodness, a double birthday. We sure will be back to wish you the most happiest of birthdays to both of you. Meg you are a mere child compared to our Mom who is older than dirt. Happy Birthday and Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Meg and Fin!!!m I didn't know that Fin was a cookie monster!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! What a sneaky little girl :)

    Happy Birthday to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Star loves to crunch cellophane too, my goodness it can get loud!
    Great fortune for a kitty, but did she eat the cookie? MOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect fortune for kitties and humans alike!

    And HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to two of our favorite friends. XO!!!

    Glogirly & Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the fortune cookie brings good luck.. Happy Birthday to you both.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for Finny for going for that fortune cookie! How nice that you will both be celebrating your birthdays, together. What a great day! It was my human grandpa's birthday too, and since Mom and Dad don't know WHEN mine is, they count it as my birthday too.

    May the next year be a wonderful one for you and Fin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well happy birthday to both of you!! Catnip for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Meg and Fin, and may good fortune smile on both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOU!!! DAMN! You are YOUNGER THAN ME!!! (everyone is!)

    I think Finn was trying to send you a message...quite profound! There are no coincidences in life!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes, a birthday party sounds like just the thing! I think a bunch of us kitties would like to help Fin celebrate her 15th!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wally likes to chew on plastic and cellophane too! It makes our mom crazy because she's afraid he'll eat some!

    Oh, a double birthday celebration! We're ready to party!!

    Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't say I blame Finny. I like those cookies, too.

    Happy Birthday and a Happy New Year to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How exciting! My Mommy shared her birthday wif her first kitteh! That is really speshul. Happy early birthday to both of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday to both of you lovely girls!!...Wishing you a very Happy New Year filled with great health, much love and tremendous joy...love and hugs, precious friends...J, Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Fin knew the fortune would say something about her!!

    Happy Birthdays to you both and the very happiest New Year ahead!

    Hugs,
    Tom, mom Julie & Mittens

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wishing you both a very Happy Birthday and a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday to you and Finny! And many more!

    Luf, Us

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! What a great fortune! We thinks that is perfect! We wish you a good New Years Day and also, a wonderful Happy Birthday to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fin and Meg,
    We wish you both a very Happy Birthday and a wonderful New Year!

    We love that Fin's fortune was so perfect for a kitty. Love the story!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happiest of Birthdays Meg & Fin. ~ AFSS & Alasandra

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday, Finn & Mom! And Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete