3.29.2012

My Co-Worker - The Hard Part

Warning - To those with a sensitive stomach, you may want to skip this post.

Fin: Mom! Mom!

Me: Fin! I am on a conference call. Keep it down!

Fin: I AM HUNGRY!!

Me (Covering mouthpiece) Gosh are you hungry? Okay, great you need to eat! (Turns up phone volume, races to kitchen, slaps stinky food on plate, and races back to desk) Blah, blah, blah

Fin: (Strolling through the hall five minutes later) I'm full!

Me: Blah, Blah more businessy stuff

Fin runs into the office and proceeds in horking up two consecutive hairballs.

Me (Covering mouthpiece): Dear Cod! All of that! Now? You gotta do it now? Are you okay?

Fin: I'm better now.

Me: Well that's good.

Fin: Better clean that up, and I'm hungry again.

Me: (Places call on speaker as I try to clean up the hairball). Urphal (Sound of trying to avoid horking myself).

I'd like to say that never happened in my old office, but there was this one time when a pregnant lady thought it was less disruptive to vomit into a trashcan repeatedly during my class rather than leave to go to the restroom.

Um, no, not less disruptive little lady.

14 comments:

  1. LESS disruptive--I think NOT. Some humans...UGH. I do hope Ms. Fin is fine. Hairballs-we must give the humans to DO! :)

    Noir

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOL! Our mom is dreading the day we start leaving hairballs all over the place.

    Truffle and Brulee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hacking up hairballs while my human is on an important call... hmm, I never thought of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hairball is no good. Fin, make sure you get all the attention you need from mommy.... purrr....meow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm glad to see Fin has such a good appitite! Hairballs during conference calls, bet everyone else thought that was just lovely.. puke makes me puke too.. just cannot deal with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that's always fun. :-P

    But I understand how excited you can be when your beloved cat actually shows an interest in food. I hope Fin continues eating...and keeping it down. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes you just have to bring up unplesant topics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK that is TMI! I shouldn’t have read on …… ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have that going on almost every day so Mom is kind of used to it. Still does't make it pleasant. And especially during a conference call. Well done Finny. Good timing. Too funny. What a good Mom you have Fin. Hope all of you have a great week end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! (about the garbage can) lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you got rid of that hairball, lovely Finny!...Happy weekend sweet friend...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brother Dip does that when he eats too fast!!! The other day mom was on a call Sister Dot was meowing and Brother Dot was barfing...mom only rolled her eyes...guess she's used to it...she has years of practice with middle schoolers before we moved to Massachusetts!

    Dip and Dot (hey! We're 12 today...are we granny cats now?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fin we thought you had stopped blogging? Glad you are keeping your Mum on her toes with some quality yackage. How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hairballs during the conference call...oh your office is filled with lots of excitement!

    ReplyDelete