10.16.2013

National Feral Cat Day

Mom here. Today is National Feral Cat Day in the United States. The day is particularly important to me since my sweet Quill came into my life.


If my boy hadn't been rescued by Kacie when he was just a baby, he might have lived a very different life. My big gentle boy might have been forced to fight on the streets to survive. He might have had to kill to eat, when he clearly is a pacifist. 

My timid boy might have lived in fear and run from humans - actually he does kinda does that now. He would have missed the touch of kind humans who love him dearly and would do anything for him. He never would have learned how happy a nice chin scritch can make you feel.

I can't imagine a life without my loving and sweet boy - and I'm glad I don't have to try to imagine it either. 

10 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post for that sweet boy. We love feral kitties and we love those who help them.

    Brian
    iOS7 - Got it - Hate It

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great post for National Feral Cat Day. We, too, are glad that Quill's life turned out the way it did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Feral Cat Day, Quill. We're glad you ended up with your Mom, too!

    Happy thursday. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad Quill got lucky. I purr every day that other kitties in his situation find the same happy fate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We remember how Quill came into your life and we are so glad he did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a good reminder that the kitties out there are just the same as the kitties in here save for the fact that they were or were not caught at one point..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is such a great post and I know just how you feel. It is so so rewarding to take in a cat that lived outside. And we are so glad that Quill was able to come live with you.This is the best post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww - we are glad you found each other!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We know that all cats are special and important to their pawrents but somehow the kitties who might have had a much different and rough life endear themselves to us even more. Quill is such a beautiful kitty and obviously well loved and cared for. Janet

    ReplyDelete