10.09.2013

Thoughtful Thursday

Greyson here. I am such a thoughtful kitten - always looking out for my family. I only wish they saw it that way.

Last night I saw Mom in the kitchen, naturally I went in to see what she was doing. She often needs me to stand under her feet while she prepares things. I'm often called upon to eat any scraps that might fall. Just part of the service I provide.

I noticed she was rummaging in a sack of some kind. Naturally I decided to jump on the counter to see if it was a treat sack for me - and Quill too (I was going to share - some). Well I saw she was filling a bowl with potato chips. Surely she shouldn't be eating those - she needed my help!

When I tried to talk Mom down from her chip frenzy - she just yammered on about how I wasn't supposed to be on the counter. I know! So rude! Of course I had to take action.

I saw my opportunity when she picked me up with one arm and her chip bowl with the other. I used my talented Monkey Tail to sweep my tail into the chip bowl and flick all the chips onto the floor. Crisis averted. Would a "Thank You Greyson!" be too much to ask? Or at least a treat? I don't eat chips - at least not BBQ flavor.

14 comments:

  1. Sighs. Moms just don't appreciate the work we do, do they ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that's one talented tail you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just so full of help!!! Thanks for the well wishes, I appreciate them and I appreciate you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a great help, Greyson. But if it was our mom, she woulda still eaten the potato chips. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Greyson! WE cannot believe you didn't even get a thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Greyson, you're a great help ! We think your mom just doesn't understand the useful work of your talented tail. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was such a great trick, Greyson! But - no thank you? Humans are so rude!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Us cats are SO underappreciated.
    High five for the monkey tail move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Greyson, good job getting rid of those potato chips. Did the Mom say lots of bad words you didn't understand?? LOL. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mommy says you would be very helpful to someone who is dieting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. our mom eats chips sometimes and we get all excited when we hear the crinkly bag only to be disappointed. so unfair.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greyson, that is the most thoughtful thing we have heard of in a long time. We cannot believe your mom was not grateful. Does she believe in the 5 second rule or did the chips go in the trash? Mommy says that she likes BBQ chips bunches but hasn't had any in years. She says that she'll probably start craving them now! Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was very thoughtful of you Greyson to try and save your mum from the evil tempting chips.

    ReplyDelete