4.28.2009

Bugs!

Yesterday I mentioned I'm not a killer - well the one exception to that is a big juicy bug. I am the Mighty Bug Huntress! The other day, when Mommy left for work, the garage door must have been open just enough to allow in the bugs. ::Claps Paws::

I was paroling the hallway when I spotted the first one. I was so excited by the site of the large crawler, because I only get the rare opportunity to use my skills. I followed it for a while and then I brought down the hammer and killed him dead. I was preparing for a nap in the bedroom when I saw another one - naturally I hunted and killed it too.

I was just waking up from my nap and there was another one in the hallway. What the fluff? So I whapped it with the Paw of Doom.

I needed a snack by now so I headed out to the kitchen (Oh you didn't think I was gonna eat em did you? Um no - they give me indigestion). Anyway in the kitchen - there was another one! Whap - deaded.

When Mommy came home and saw all my hard work she freaked out, and then she thanked me, as she gathered the carcasses. I assured her I got them all - I think. I'm sure I'll get them all - eventually. Mommy? Stop shuddering. Oh no, don't call the bug guy - I'm pesticide free.

29 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very fun day Fin. We love to chase bugs too, but sometimes they get away.We'll have to take notes from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom goes crazy and calls the bugman when she sees creepy crawlers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to chase bugs too, but I also love to eat 'em (especially cicadas)! *crunch, crunch*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's the sporting thing to do...eat what you kill, right? You aren't kidding about that paw of doom...4 bugs in one day! You are the master!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you could get a job with Orkin, Fin...

    ReplyDelete
  6. the thrill of the stalk.

    we too have a bug post today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl!!

    Your right to get mummy to not have the bug-man come and kill em, you can do so much greener!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Might Bug Huntress, do you do spiders too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Fin...you are the bug bounty huntress! We hope your Mommy has lots of treats to pay you for a job well done=^Y^=the Cat Street Boyz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bugs. Gotta love them. You should really try eating them. Yummy. I prefer the flying kinds.

    We're glad we don't have mockingbirds here. Sounds like a nasty fellow.

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Youz kewel to kill doze bugs. We does da same ting over here at our house. We 'specially yikes da ones dat fly in da air soz we can practice our jumping an' swatting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make a good hunter - we're proud of you! We like "the paw of doom" - we think we shall start calling our paws that when we swat the pesky flies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work Fin! Your Mommy is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you Fin! I have killed only one bug so far. But it sure was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fin, sounds like you work a lot harder than the pesticides anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very good work, Fin. We bet you make much less of a mess than the bug man.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Fin, you are the mighty huntress! I am very impressed. I've never killed that many bugs in one day. I can't imagine the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good job, FIn! You are such a tough lady cat!

    Kiddo

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an exciting day! There is nothing like a good bug hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fin, you are much better than a bug exterminator! And more environmentally friendly, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. But most of the fun is eating them!! Sometimes they don't repeat so well though...I've been hunting on my harness Out of Doors and going after BEES. Meowmy says that I'm not allowed to hunt those.

    Latte

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woo Hoo! Good job Fin! Maybe you could come over and show Floyd a few things - he is actually a little bit afraid of bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yukky!

    Good job, Fin...I'm not much of a bug-getter. I don't mind watching them, but I never kill them and certainly don't eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, you are brave! Tiger thinks bugs are great toys, but GK could care less -- why disturb a perfectly good nap with stressful exertion?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good show, SIF!!! I have funsy with bugs too, but like you, I don't eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds very exciting Fin! You rule the roost for sure! What type of creepy crawlie was it? The PM hates big bugs but it oddly curious of them.

    Purrs Goldie

    ReplyDelete