4.23.2009

Thankful Thursday


Guess what?! Daddy found my favorite toy tucked away in the garage.

I thought it was lost forever, but now it's like we've never been apart. I'm very busy and VERY thankful today!

::Mom Blog Takeover::

It was really the sweetest thing ever. Fin was napping on my lap when Daddy, er, my husband came in saying he had found her old toy in the garage. When she turned to look - it was like she turned back into a kitten right in front of our eyes. Her whole face lit up and she jumped off my lap and raced across the room to get at it.

I bought the toy when she first came to live with us because it matched the one that we played with at the shelter together. I wanted to give her something that would remind her of her feline family, and make her feel like this was her new home. She loved it and would leap in the air in grand arcs and flips.

I guess at some point it got put outside and forgotten - by us.

Now each time I swing it around, it's like I have baby Fin back. I'm careful not to get her too worked up - she's a senior kitizen now. She even naps on the stick - I guess she worries it will leave again which makes me a little sad. I'm so sorry Fin for losing your toy, and not realizing how much it meant to you. I promise to keep it safe and swing it for you often.

::Mom Release of Blog::

Did you say something Mommy? Swing it again!!

25 comments:

  1. Great news, Fin! Have lots of fun with your new-old toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always so exciting to find an old favorite toy!
    --JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwww! That is so sweet. I did the same thing to my mom a few months ago when she pulled out the "fev-ver on a stick" that I've had since a kitten. It was a lot of fun.

    I am so glad to hear that you still like to play like a kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, Fin! I love it when they clean under the sofa and find old toys!

    Enjoy your playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such good news. We're glad your Mom has baby Fin back when you play with your toy,it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All's forgiven once a favorite toy reappears! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! We're so glad you were reunited with your long lost toy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our wand toys are kept in the closet and we get to play but they get put back inside. If we wrestle with it on the floor it wraps around us. Pretty scarey cuz some kitties get choked with the string.
    Be safe with string toys.
    Have fun with the toy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you feel Fin. When my favourite oldest mouse got lost, I was devastated. Ages later when it got found again, I was so happy!

    Huffle Mawson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom is being extremely silly: Watery eyes here! We can feel the joy on both your side, BSIF and on your mom's side. Play on floofy sister!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice and you look so beautiful and floofy, SIF!!! SS is squeeing over your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! We are so glad to hear you have been reunited with your favorite toy, Fin!! Sounds like it really brings out the kitten in you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's awesome when you find something you believed to be lost, no matter what the item is. Have fun with your newly found toy, Fin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fin, we're glad you got your toy back! Have fun with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your toy is back! Hooray! I posted about two of my favorite toys today. I especially like my feather on a stick:) There's just something about a good stick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah!! Isn't it the best when something old becomes new? Very sweet that you love it so much.

    Chase

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Fin, we are so thriled you got your favourite toy back. You take good care of it now and don't let mom or dad tidy it away!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fin what a wonderful story! We are so glad you got your best toy back!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's so sweet!! Fin, I'm very glad that they found your favorite toy!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fin, we are very glad the beans found your toy and you are enjoying it so much. ~S,S,C & F

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are glad you got your most favourite toy back. It is sad when they get lost or broken.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We're happy you found your favorite toy! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete