2.02.2009

Rewards

Well friends, as you may know, I didn't win the honor of cat president. Our new President of Cats is Coco. One look at her acceptance speech and it was clear to me that we couldn't ask for a better Cat President. I hope our new Madame President (boy that sounds nice) allows me to serve as a member of her administration or even on her cabinet. I have hopes to be her Secretary of the Interior, since as a housecat, I am very familiar with life "on the inside."

I have spent the large majority of my twelve years indoors, and I think I can give great insight on how to make the most of it. I have always been an industrious cat and I have found many ways to leave my mark (and I'm not just talking about with my cat hair either). I hope I can show all of the young ones out there that even one small housecat can make a difference in the world.







I'm a bit late in this next item - my great friends at The Crews Views gave me this very nice award. Updated to reflect that Grrreta also gave me the award.


"This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I'd been hoping I was charming, friendly, and deserving of attention. Uh oh did that seem self-aggrandizing? Boy I hope not. Blogging has brought me many great friends and I'm not sure which of them have been given this award already. I thought I might highlight a few of my new friends for this award. I hope you take the opportunity to make them your friends too:

Kiddo
Mr Tuck
Peanut Butter and Jenny
Misha
Cosmo
Country Cats
Madame President Coco

I know it's only seven, you didn't think I'd ruin my street cred by following all the rules now did you? Nope, I'm still a rebel.

P.S. Was anyone else dissapointed to learn that the Super Bowl has nothing to do with extra cat treats?

14 comments:

  1. Thanks Fin!

    Mummy says I don't really deserve this as I am interested in self-aggrandizement. I didn't know what that means so I just told her to worship me a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superbowl only has something to do with extra cat treats if you like spicy chicken wings and nachos...oh yeah...and beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations on your award, Fin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thank you for our first award!! What an honor!

    Your friends,
    Country Cats

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award, Fin! And we think you'll be an excellent Secretary of the Interior!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award! I think you need to have a talk with your mom, because I got extra treats for the super bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. i sez yes i iz so not happy i no getted a Super Bowl of food yesterday. though i did gets food earlier than normal cuz mommy leaved me to go to a par-tay. i likes par-tays too!

    2. thank you so much for award!!! mommy PROMISED that this week is all about Peanut Butter (thaz me!) and she get my new site up and doos lots of wards!! thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Concatulations on your award Fin. It was well deserved.

    On a different note, we would like to thank you for purring and praying for Moki. Your support means a lot to us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't understand all this super bowl excitement. I don't hear any extra ham getting mentioned.

    Huffle Mawson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Concats on your well deserved award, Fin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Fin! And thank you for passing it on to me!

    -Tuck

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fin, I'm sure Coco will offer you a position in her administration. Your wisdom & experience are a valuable asset!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We voted for you Fin, but we congratulate Coco on a job well done.
    Super Bowl???? Our people got to eat, but they went to a party and ate too much. Nothing for the cats! Bah Humbug.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems the Super Bowl was a bust for many of us. Glad I could pass the award on to some of the new friends, but any of my old friends - you know I feel the same about you too!

    ReplyDelete