11.13.2013

Baby

Quill here. I thought everything was going to change when Greyson was no longer a kitten. Not quite. 

Every time he would nose me out of something (my dish, my spot on the bed, etc) I would call him out for a wrestle. Naturally I would win in a landslide. I have MOVES.

But as soon as I'd get the upper paw, Greyson would squeal like a baby. Of course Mom would hear and she'd tell me to let him go... "Quillbert he's just a baby!"

So I'd let him up and he thought it was fine to nose in the next time. On his birthday I realized - he's not a baby anymore! I didn't need to be the bigger cat and let it go.

So when I jumped on the bed and caught him snuggled up on MY woobie blanket I gave him a little chomp on the hiney.

When we were wrestling I had him down for the count. When he squealed I KNEW Mom would be on my side. Do you know what she said?

"Quill! He's smaller than you..."

Seriously? He's always gonna be smaller - does that mean I have to let eat my meal? Surely not - right?

11 comments:

  1. You're right, Quill. Greyson is just gonna hafta learn how to handle himself without parental intervention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quill, smaller is not necessarily weaker! And am I one to know! Binga beats up Boodie all the time, and Boodie is bigger than Binga (okay, only by a pound), and I am half her size and she has never gotten the chance to beat up on me! And that is WITHOUT human intervention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom should now let Greyson learn life by himself (with you as teacher of course). Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I get that here with Hammy. It's just so unfair. They pack a lot of annoying-ness into a smaller package.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. That is so annoying! You have my sympathies. - Toby

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am half the size of Tigger and I ALWAYS beat him in a fight. Size isn't everything, Quill ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quill, we think fair is fair, and that you two boys should be even steven. Even if Greyson is a little smaller, he can still fight the fight. Hope all of you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best to check your mom's not around next time before you chomp him on the hiney.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's just WRONG. Sometimes a bratty little brother NEEDS a good chomp on the hiney!! ~ Allie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anybody who is a contact pest should not be allowed to continue to get away with it. Now that Greyson is a year old, you could enroll him in Cat Scouts and get him out of your fur for a while everyday. It is helping all of the kitties at our house deal with our brofur, Mauricio. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete