11.20.2013

So Rude

Greyson here. You won't believe what happened here today! Quill and I were doing our daily desk inspection. I was inspecting Mom's keyboard with my paws - making sure the delete key was operating (it was).Quill was trying to do a taste test on Mom's computer cable. Just a nibble, he tried to squeak in explanation when Mom ushered him away into the kitchen for a snack. Score!

When I was done, I headed back to the office to finish my shift. Here is where things take a serious turn. The door was SHUT! We meowed to let her know that there was an error. We could hear her in there - she was leading a conference call with a lot of people.

I meowed even louder - I mean clearly she needed us in there. What's a conference call without two assistant cats crawling over your desk?

So I started to leap up at the doorknob to try to get it open. Suddenly Dad showed up. I thought he was going to help, but instead he said it was a Management Lock Out. He said Quill and I would have to take the afternoon off! Who does this Management think we are? We don't slack.

So we waited by the door. Finally Mom opened the door. I was beside myself. I explained how hard I'd tried to get in to help her on the call. She petted me until I was all meowed out. I purred as she filled me in on what had happened during the call. Quill got an extra snuggle in the big bed to calm him down. He hates to disappoint Mom and not be helpful during her workday.

I don't know who Management is, but they better not try to lock us out again.

15 comments:

  1. So chewing the computer cord scored a treat, huh!?!
    I will take this under advisement. Surely a test is in order to see if this works here too!
    ; ) Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! I think your human forgot who is really in charge - which is you two kitties! YOU are Management. What is she thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some humans don't appreciate the sound of felines voicing their opinions in meetings. I realize this is very hard for you two sweeties, but it really is best that you not attend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, next time there's a Management Lock Out, you boys have to go on strike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor boys, doesn't management know that closed doors are detrimental to kitties? Why, you could have meowed yourself dry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OUTRAGE! We do not allow closed doors in our house, you boys need to put your paws down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How frustrating! Clearly the two of you take your werk very seriously. We hope you get treat raises soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. at least your mom works from home - even if you do experience the occasional lock out. Though mom says if she "worked" from home she probably wouldn't get much work done. MOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMC! Your Mum needs some serious retraining boys! Mum tried a lockout on me once (while Jane still lived with us) and I played a drum solo on the door for over an hour while Jane sang opera. I hope your Mum doesn't try that tactic again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, you two boys need to come up with a plan if that Mom closes the door again. You could meow 6000 times and that might work. You could run and bounce off the door trying to make loud noises. The only trouble with all this is that you might bet shut up somewhere else. Better luck next time.Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did we miss something? We were sure that cats are management and humans are staff. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I only hope the conference call went ok, because I can't see how it could without both of you with your expert knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We cannot imagine that the conference was successful without your help. We don't allow any closed door here. Train your mom again, she missed that lesson. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh that was just wrong.. Hopefully Management will take that under advisement..

    ReplyDelete