12.29.2008

New Year's Baby

As I previously reported, New Year's Day is my estimated birthday. My Gotcha Day was in Mid-February and when my parents counted back they realized I would have been born right about - now. One of the reasons Mommy decided to call it official on the 1st is because it's her birthday too (she is willing to share some things, just not her water glass).

We wanted to think of something fun for our birthday post, maybe even something our friends could do too (if you want, no pressure from me of course). We were really having a hard time thinking of anything, what says New Years Day we wondered? A tie-in with roses for the Rose Parade? Whenever Mommy tells people her birthday is New Year's Day they always exclaim "You're a New Year's Baby?" I have no idea why they say that, and when questioned, Mommy never seems to be able to fully explain it either, but it did get us thinking about the phrase and a tie in to a fun activity.

In honor of the New Year, we thought that anyone who wants too, can show off something baby-like about themselves. I'm not big on rules, so the interpretation can be what you like, but here are some examples we thought of:
  • An early photo of yourself (it doesn't have to be when you were a baby, if you came to your family as an adult, you were still a new baby to them)
  • Examples of baby-talk your humans use on you or you use on them (we can all pull out an adorable kitten-like meow when we need it)
  • Examples of how you're treated like a baby
  • A tribute to your honey-baby
  • Your idea here
You're a Beautiful Baby Challenge in the New Year


Thanks to Zoolatry for helping us with this great photo, and this one too!

P.S. These cute stunt kittens were found by the clever Zoolatry Human, because Mommy couldn't figure out the scanner in time... paws crossed she figures it out before the 1st. How embarrasing it would be for Mommy if she can't figure out a post for us!

P.P.S. It's my friend Kaze's Birthday too!

25 comments:

  1. Fin, we think this is a purrfect way to celebrate your birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fin, we hope you get a wonderful birthday celebration. And don't worry. It's your mom that will be embarrassed if she can't figure out the scanner, not you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to celebrate your birthday! I wish I knew when mine was.

    Huffle Mawson

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to celebrate both of your birthdays! We'll have to think about this one as none of us have any baby pics as we were older when we came here!

    It's funny, your mom's birthday is the first day of the month and the PM's is the last day of the month. I think she said she wants to stop having birthdays though. That's crazy!!! Gifts and cake!! Woohoo!

    Purrs, Goldie, Shade and Banshee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fin that is an excellent idea!!! I will have to make sure to make my Momma help me with this one! she has been very very slack latley.

    PES: I love your pictures!! Both are.. on Fin you just has the most regal stance! :)

    V-V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are good ideas, I'll have to think about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, Fin! We will get our mom to think of something as soon as she gets home. 'til then we wish both of you a purrfect birthday and a happy New Year!
    Siena & Chilli

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea Fin! My mom just loves a reason to show my weensy me baby pictures...and I'm sure she'll find one of me nursing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh fun! We will get our mom to dig up baby pics of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great, Mom finally figured out how to get the pictures off her phone and there were some baby pictures of Scylla & Charybdis on there. We will have to figure the scanner out for pictures of Socks (your Mom's not the only one who has scanner issues).

    Glad to see you got on the nice list with Sandy Claws. ~S, S & C

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's purrty cool!!!! we will haf to put on our thinking caps

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love the pictures Zoolatry did of you - so pretty!

    I fear that your post is going to make my mom drag out the baby picture that made the beans drive to Yuma to get me - she's shown this *over and *over; it's kinda embarrassing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. Wishing you & your mom an early Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always come up with such great ideas.

    Happy early birthday to both of you. We hope you and your Mom spend your day doing whatever you feel like doing (in other words, like a true diva kitty).

    By the way, we love the pictures Zoolatry did for you.

    Ms. P and Cinza

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you know that New Years Day is my actually official birthday? I will be three! What a great way to celebrate.

    kaze

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must find a good pic of me as a baby. I hope mom has time to help me!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    --JB

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's nice of your Mom to share her purrthday with you. Since we don't know our exact purrthday either, Dad shares his (May 6) with me & Max.

    Tipper

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to see what all of you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it's nice that you and your mom share a birthday! Fin, I'll bet you were a very adorable kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our oldest boy just missed being a New Years baby...Jan 3. He's going to be 24. But a friend of his is one, and he got all the good loot at the hospital and his picture in the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Must put our thinking caps on for the NY Day post. I don't know when my birhtday is either, or even my Gotcha Day :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. There will be lots of birthday celebrations in your home on the 1st!!!!!!! We will need to think about this. Mom has pics of me stored somewhere and we have no scanner :o
    We might try another option,heehee
    Purrs Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  23. My mommy thinks this is an excellent idea. I have a feeling she will find some way to embarrass me...again.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tut @ me.

    Fin this is a most wonderful idea to celebrate yours and your Mommy's birthdays! We love the Zoolatry pictures of you. We will have a think about this one, there are kitten pictures of only one of us now. But we are sure hat kitten-talk from our apes and kitteny poses will fill in for missing kittenhoods.

    Did your Mommy know that photo-printing stores can digitise phtograpgic negatives? This is handy when scanners are sending everyone insane.

    Wuudles

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun idea for New Year's Day and the birthdays of you, your mom and Kaze! I'm not sure if we'll be able to find and scan my baby picture but we do have Willow's baby pictures. Anyway, I'm little so my LL always calls me her babykitty!

    Purrrrrrrs, China Cat

    Hahaha - the word verification word was -- becater. How can I be more cater than I already am!

    ReplyDelete