11.27.2008

Thanksgiving Thursday

As always I have many things to be thankful for this Thursday, but since it's Thanksgiving Day I feel like I need to bump it up a bit. So I'm going with a special Turkey edition.

Yeah Turkey the star of the Thanksgiving table. Sure there are other good things too, gravy (everything is better with gravy!!), stuffing (well, I guess you can pick the sausage out), mashed potatoes (hey, they make a nice bowl for gravy), yams (yawn), cranberry (waste of plate space I say), and don't even get me started on the green bean casserole. All Hail Turkey!

In the spirit of giving, let me give a shout out to Tufurkey, on behalf of my vegetarian friends and relatives. Oh I can barely say that without snickering, turkey from tofu, crazy lovable vegans.

What? I have just informed my parents will be going to Thanksgiving Dinner elsewhere. Well, as long as they bring home a kitty bag full of Turkey I'll still be thankful.

Have a very happy day everyone. May you be filled with the spirit of thanks - and Turkey.

20 comments:

  1. Same to you, Fin! I wish you & your beans a Thanksgiving filled with love and good things (like turkey)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Fin. Being thankful whilst being abandoned is quite an achievement. Tufurkey for your parents, turkey for you. That should balance things out nicely.

    Wuudles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turkey with GRAVY! Happy thanksgiving Fin, I hope you and your family have a good day.

    Huffle Mawson

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could they NOT bring a platefull back to you? Personally, we rather like the sausage and cranberry... one is fun to roll around on the floor and the other gives us kissy-red whiskers.
    Happy Thanksgiving to Fin & Family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope your mom and dad are bringing you back some turkey. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you'll be getting a Turkey bag of goodies, Fin? Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving! -Gandalf, Grayson and Mom Barb (WillThink4Wine)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Fin!
    Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving to you!
    Mrs. OZ, Tintin, Naughty, Luna, Ruis and Karl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Thank you for the shout-out to the vegans.
    Auntie Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving, lovely BSIF! Paws crossed on that kitty-bag!
    Purrs, Siena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tofu turkey - that's hilarious!! But I'm sure the feathered turkeys appreciate the vegans' efforts. Hope you do get some leftovers of real turkey though.

    How are you doing after our long trip? Everything going ok? I see you have been starring in a couple of early morning movies....very good work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Sure hope you would get your turkey goodies bag. Tofu turkey??? Oh well, all I can say is that I prefer the real thing with plenty of gravy.

    I also score some turkey even though we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

    Skittles, The Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh we hopez you had a very happy Thanksgiving! sorreh we is so far behind :(
    I think that was very caring of you to think about the peoples who don't eat meat :)

    V-V

    ReplyDelete